Over the last decade, the application of artificial intelligence (AI) in the medical domain has manifested itself in exciting and tangible results. In particular computer vision is now facing a radical and irreversible change in medical imaging and radiology.
In 2017, a team from Europe's largest university clinic, the Charité, was founded to drive technological change in dentistry and to combine the art of machine learning, the elegance of software engineering and the outstanding expertise in dental research. It aims to help dentists make the best possible diagnostic and treatment decisions for their patients. With the founding of the Charite Startup dentalXrai, we have been offering a platform for the detection of pathologies and anatomical structures on dental and X-ray images since 2020 and are revolutionizing dentistry with the latest technologies for artificial intelligence.
To create a dynamic and highly motivated team, which is one of our greatest requirements, we are looking for people who want to drive with us technological change in dentistry!
- In close cooperation with our consultants, customers and service providers, you will develop solution concepts for data-related problems in a large number of dental areas
- You are part of the conception, development and optimization of algorithms and applications with a focus on machine learning (ML).
- You design and implement prototypes and bring them to production in an agile development process
- You will work on projects to support the digital transformation of dental practices by evaluating images and data
- You work closely with software developers to define business requirements as data models
- You guide junior colleagues and promote best practices in ML
- You have in-depth knowledge of AI and machine learning; ideally, you already have relevant experience in the areas of search and data
- You have a deep understanding of algorithms, data structures and software architecture
- You are a professional programmer and have already worked with frameworks such as TensorFlow and PyTorch
- You are self-confident and open-minded and see yourself as a team player towards customers and colleagues
- Your fluent English and (plus) basic knowledge of German complete your profile
- You are part of an ambitious and unique Charité start-up in the field of dentistry and can make your contribution to improving medical progress
- You can take on responsibility from day one, paired with attractive conditions, a steep learning curve and regular feedback discussions on your development
- You can expect flexible working hours, consisting of remote and office work at our location in Berlin, as well as a large portion of team spirit
- You can take part in various get-togethers in the form of initiative (remote) game evenings, regular (remote) health coachings and other formats and we will provide you with small surprises right on your doorstep
- Last but not least, in cooperation with HR, you can contribute creative ideas and suggestions for the design of our work atmosphere and are thus jointly responsible for a healthy and employee-oriented employer brand
If this challenge suits you, we are looking forward to your resume/ portfolio as well as information about your salary expectations, notice periods and possible start date directly via our application form
A letter of motivation would be a big plus to find out more details about you. So tell us your story and let's get in touch!