- Data Engineers
- Immediate start
We are hiring Data Engineers with below stackProject Objective & History:
The SDSx Program is delivering the strategic Data Service (SDS). There are several drivers behind the SDSx Program, including but not limited to:
- Mitigating current Business Risks with the existing Platforms.
- Addressing technology deficiencies and platform supportability risks in legacy platforms for Business and Regulatory Data Services.
- Progressively addressing Disaster Recovery gaps and enable fault tolerate, resilient data services with viable redundancy and recovery at all layers.
- Progressively resolving data ingestion & quality issues, including latency, lineage, traceability, and recoverability consistent with Data Quality and Data Governance Frameworks.
- Addressing scalability limitations in current solutions by establishing a layered architecture, using a core Data Integration toolset with few single points of failure.
- Enabling support for new data capabilities based on business demand including real-time & event data ingestion, and API integration at all layers in the architecture.
The SDSx Program is a multi-year program and divided into two streams:
- SDSx Platform Foundation - the design and build of the SDSx Platform.
- SDSx Migration - the migration of existing workloads onto the SDSx Platform.
- Previous experience in Data Science or Data Technology Enablement is a must have.
- Enough experience to work autonomously and influence technical & architecture decisions to achieve the right outcome.
- 8+ years IT experience in a large enterprise organisation.
- Previous experience on projects implementing and enbaling Data Science and and Data Technologies including AI/ML tools (eg. SageMaker, Rekognition), Real Time Streaming tools (eg. Kafka, Kinesis) and APIs.
- Must have strong experience with DevOps, Infrastructure as Code (Terraform/Ansible) and Continuous Integration.
- Tertiary qualification in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Excellent knowledge/experience in the application of Agile and Lean approaches.
- Deep experience working with Amazon Web Services and Cloud based services (including SaaS, PaaS, IaaS). Previous exposure to following technologies is highly desirable - Database Migration Services (DMS), Redshift, Aurora, Spectrum, Athena, Glue Catalogue, and/or Lambda functions.
- Demonstrated experience of understanding security & governance challenges involved in deploying to Cloud environments.
- Knowledge of ITIL and IT Service Management best practices
- Solid experience with Linux system implementation and management using automation frameworks like Ansible, Puppet, etc.
- Proficient knowledge of operating systems and developing and delivering platform solutions in multiple environments.