Join our team at the California Interagency Council on Homelessness (Cal ICH), part of the Business, Consumer Services, and Housing Agency (BCSHA). As a Homelessness Data Analyst, you will have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of vulnerable populations and contribute to the development of policies and programs to prevent and end homelessness in California. With a focus on research and data analysis, you will play a crucial role in supporting legislative implementation, data requests, and product development. This position offers the option for telework, allowing for flexibility and work-life balance.
- Perform research and data analysis using data from the Homeless Data Integration System (HDIS) and other sources
- Support legislative implementation, data requests, and research team product development
- Create and implement research projects related to homelessness policy and legislation
- Conduct statistical work using structured and unstructured data
- Develop and present data visualizations, reports, and presentations
- Serve as a key staff member on the Cal ICH Research Team
- Use statistical software and programming tools such as R, SQL, Excel, and Tableau
- Meet the minimum qualifications stated in the Class Specification
- Reside in California upon appointment
- Experience with programs and services related to homelessness, housing, or human services
- Familiarity with programs serving unaccompanied women, survivors of domestic violence and their children, or unaccompanied youth experiencing homelessness
- Proficiency in analyzing datasets and creating data visualizations
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience working with complex data management information systems, preferably homelessness management information systems (HMIS)
- Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience with program or policy design and implementation
- Project management experience
- Medical benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid holidays and leave
- Defined benefit retirement program
- Savings Plus Program (401(k), 457)
- Commute Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Medical/Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- This position is eligible for telework, in accordance with the Statewide Telework Policy of the Business, Consumer Services and Housing Agency (BCSH).
- The appointee is required to complete Form 700 within 30 days of appointment and once per year.
- Individuals who are new to state service must have list eligibility in order to gain employment with any state agency.
- Completed applications and all required documents must be received or postmarked by the Final Filing Date in order to be considered.
- Applicants requiring reasonable accommodations for the hiring interview process must request the necessary accommodations if scheduled for a hiring interview.
- Equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- The State of California is a drug-free workplace.
Talentify helps candidates around the world to discover and stay focused on the jobs they want until they can complete a full application in the hiring company career page/ATS.