A company with a commitment
Yes, we're an international sports retailer with 2080 stores in 56 countries, and if you look a little closer, you'll see we're so much more.
Decathlon is dedicated to helping, inspiring and guiding you through your sports experiences. We believe that discovering new sports and being active – well, it's an important part of life – and living well shouldn't just be for a privileged few.
The power of people and positivity is at the heart of our business. Our team are sports people who are full of energy and enthusiasm for what we do; we're encouraged to innovate and improve, and most importantly, to make changes for the better. We take our responsibility to sport and the world seriously, and we strive to anticipate and rise to the challenges that face our society and our environment.
Decathlon is not just a reseller. We're unique because we have our own in-house brands. We are experts in our fields, and we draw on our knowledge and experience to create, design and manufacture our own products in our own studios and labs. Currently, we have over 20 Decathlon brands, each dedicated to a specific sport or practice. And, our family ownership means we're here for the long term. We reinvest our profits into research and development, helping to lower the cost of participating in sport.
DECATHLON is accelerating its digital transformation with the mission of becoming the digital sports platform that allows customers to discover our world through a wide range of sports-centric experiences.
Our digital teams based in Lille, Hong Kong, London, Montreal... with more than 1500 employees are united to build and grow digital products with the aim of always offer the best value to our users.
To strengthen our team in Belgium we are looking for a 'Data Engineer' who will work within an enthusiastic, ambitious and welcoming Data & AI team.You Will Contribute To Existing ETL Pipelines
You Will Work With a Complete Data Engineer Environment
- Make Data accessible for Data Analysts, providing them efficient Data Marts.
- Processing on Big Data with Pyspark and using as least as possible memory usage.
- Having your jobs launched in pre-production and production environments and following good guidelines in order to be sure that your code is working properly.
- Understanding complex Software and Data Architecture and finding a way to answer a need efficiently.
In Collaboration With Our Senior Data Engineer You Will
- Doing peer and version controlled programming thanks to Github
- Use Python programming language and OOP
- Using Pyspark as a Framework for big Data
- Using DataBricks and Kubernetes to run your job
- Using Apache Airflow as a scheduler
- Using the necessities of AWS for your needs (S3, ECR, EKS, MWAA, CA)
- Implement new pipelines:
- Construct projects pipelines validated by a United team.
- Write good quality code thanks to templates with Unit and Integration testing.
- Follow good practices regarding personal and sensitive Data storage.
- Monitor our existing Data:
- Fix bugs on the pipeline in order to make it as quick as possible available again
- Proactive monitoring and checking Data quality daily.
You are a member of Decathlon's international Data Engineer community:
- Be an integral part of the digital united community, although attached to the Decathlon Belgium team.
- Communicate with counterparts in other countries to stay aligned and up to date with our processes.
WHO ARE YOU?
- You follow a bachelor or master degree program (engineering, informatics or statistics) with a specialization in data engineering, big data or data science.
- You can use most common programming languages for data engineering (SQL, Python, Scala, Java, C).
- You have already worked with Pyspark or Spark with Scala
- You know how to use basic Github and follow good practices in terms of Version control.
- You Know basic Terminal Usage and UNIX environment (MacOS/Linux)
- You already worked with one dashboarding tool (e.g., Google Data Studio / Looker Studio, Tableau, Power BI etc…).
- You are fluent in French and have a B2 level of English, important in the international context of this role. A basic knowledge of Dutch would be a plus.
- An experience with at least one of the main Cloud Environments (GCP, AWS, Azure) would be a plus.
- An experience with DataBricks would be a plus.
- An experience with Docker/Kubernetes would be a plus.
Gepubliceerd op 22/12/2023
- Flexible work organization (1 day of homeworking per week after 2 weeks)
- Freedom of choice of laptop (Mac, Windows)
- Skills development (diversity of projects, languages and technologies)
- Internal training
No doubts, join us! Come and experience a unique human adventure, in a company undergoing major transformation, where you can develop and blossom, all in a very friendly atmosphere.
Please be advised that a valid work permit for Belgium is required for non-EU citizens. Unfortunately, applications without a valid work permit and sufficient language skills may not be considered.