At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Creating the future of sensible mobility requires the very thoughtful use of data, metrics and analytics. That’s where you can make an impact as part of our Global Data Insight & Analytics team. We are the trusted advisers that enable Ford to clearly see business conditions, customer needs and the competitive landscape. With our support, key decision makers can act in meaningful, positive ways. Join us and use your data expertise and analytical skills to drive evidence-based, timely decision making.
Ford’s Global Data Insight and Analytics (GDI&A) organization is looking for smart, nice and curious data scientists with exceptional skills in Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Scalable Computing. No other industry has the diversity, difficulty and economic impact of quantitative-based solutions as those found in the automotive industry. And no other automotive company in the world has the size, executive support or computing infrastructure to match that provided to GDI&A by Ford.
We are seeking high-potential Machine Learning and AI scientists to assist in all phases of project work, including problem identification, formulation, model development, and deployment. These scientists must have strong self-discipline, initiative and possess a passion for life-long learning to face evolving challenges in rapidly changing mobility technology. Successful candidates will be given the autonomy to conduct original research and choose appropriate methodologies to solve extraordinary machine learning problems. This position involves the development and deployment of AI and ML technology in areas such as autonomous vehicles, cybersecurity, customer interaction, product design, development, manufacturing, quality and marketing of connected vehicles. If hired, you will be a member of a team that applies cutting-edge AI and Machine Learning techniques to develop innovative solutions for these problems and participate in building a strategy for future contributions in these domains and more.What You’ll Be Able To Do
The Minimum Requirements We Seek
- Analyze source data and data flows, working with structured and unstructured data
- Manipulate high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources to expose and highlight patterns, anomalies, relationships and trends
- Apply AI and Machine Learning technology to solve complex, real-world problems
- Analyze and visualize diverse sources of data, interpret results in a business context and report results clearly and concisely
- Fulfill problem formulation and ML technique consulting requests in a timely manner
- Communicate and present analytical models to business customers and executive management
- Work collaboratively with different business partners and be able to present results in a clear and concise manner
Our Preferred Requirements
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Business or Physics or related field
- 2+ years of experience of software development with Python/Scala/R/ C++/technical languages
- 1+ years working with Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning tools and techniques
What You’ll Receive In Return
- PHD degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Physics preferred
- Experience building deep learning solutions for real-world applications, such as Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, time-series analysis or anomaly detection
- 2+ years of experience with Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence techniques in one or more of the following: advanced neural network architectures, regression, classification and clustering
- Demonstrated ability in the application of Machine Learning or AI in real-world settings with large scale data
- Experience with Deep Learning tools such as TensorFlow, PyTorch or other frameworks on GPUs
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience with parallel and distributed computing is a plus
- Strong oral and written skills.
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings, and stock investment plans, incentive compensation, and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2022-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.Requisition ID