WhereTo is a business travel startup from San Francisco that evolved into an agile development and design studio within the Flight Centre family. We build travel solutions used by some of the largest companies on the planet - we have just one goal: making business travel better for everybody.
WhereTo provides an AI-powered travel platform for corporate travel. Their platform uses machine learning algorithms to recommend personalized travel options based on a traveler's preferences, company policies, and budget. WhereTo's technology also allows for real-time travel tracking, reporting, and cost analysis, enabling companies to optimize their travel programs and reduce costs.
To learn more about WhereTo click HEREAbout The Opportunity
WhereTo (now part of Flight Centre Travel Group) is looking for a passionate, motivated, and skilled Product Manager to join our growing Product, Engineering, and Design teams. This is an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the team leading the return to travel and work with some of the largest and most powerful travel programs in the world.
We are looking for a product manager to help scale our new enterprise offering. You will be the product leader on a cross-functional team to deliver innovative solutions to our customers. you will spend time with the rest of our product team, dedicated engineering team, an industry-leading sales and customer success team, and our executive team as the owner of a feature based product domain. the ideal candidate for this role is a highly technical self-starter who is comfortable being uncomfortable and has a proven track record of moving quickly from idea to launch.
You also must be a team player who is willing and able to mentor others and contribute to our culture of operational excellence.Key Responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications
- Contribute to the product strategy and roadmap based on your product domain
- Work with customers and stakeholders to find market based problems and deliver innovative product solutions to those problems
- Empower the rest of your cross-functional team by prioritizing work, and leading them to deliver new features, enhancements, and bug fixes.
- Suggest ways to track product use and impact on end users
- Responsible for the owning and expanding of product features from end-to-end
- Drive the building up of business operations in order to deliver on timelines and needed services
- Deliver clear, thoughtful documentation throughout the process which can be easily understood by technical and non-technical decision-makers
- Understand technical dependencies and be able to communicate necessary changes to Engineering counterparts
- Produce and review product requirements documents (PRDs)
- Track core business metrics related to the product to ensure success (adoption, impact on performance)
Work Perks! - What’s in it for you:
- 2+ years of experience as a Product Manager (preferably in a high-growth startup)
- You have a strong understanding of how to use data to inform your decisions.
- You have a deep appreciation for good design, with a general knowledge of iOS, Android, and web (mobile, desktop, responsive) design principles.
- Exceptionally clear and precise leadership and communication skills
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit (bonus if you are or have been an entrepreneur)
- You are a team player – no job is too big or too small
- Comfortable working closely with Engineering and experience with Agile development
- You have a BA/BS from a top university with a preference towards a Computer Science or Engineering background
- Travel industry experience is an asset
FCTG is renowned internationally for having amazing perks and an even better culture. We understand that our people are our most valuable asset. It is the passion and dedication of our teams that keep the company on top of the industry ladder. It’s also why we offer some great employee benefits and perks outside of the norm.
- Have fun: At the heart of everything we do at Flight Centre is a desire to have fun.
- Reward & Recognition: Celebrate the success of yourself and others at our regular Buzz Nights and at the annual Global Gathering - You'll have to experience it to believe it!
- Use your smarts: Our people use their quick thinking, expertise, and tenacity to always figure things out.
- Love for travel: We were founded by people who wanted to travel and want others to do the same. That passion is something you can’t miss in our people or service.
- Personal connections: We are a big business founded on personal relationships.
- A career, not a job: We offer genuine opportunities for people to grow and evolve
- We back our people all the way: We are strongly committed to supporting every single employee in their professional and personal development.