About Arkose Labs
Arkose Labs is a fast-growing startup, backed by Microsoft and Paypal, that is disrupting the fraud industry by putting the control back into the hands of digital businesses with an innovative approach that bankrupts the underlying business model of fraudsters. The Arkose Labs Fraud and Abuse Prevention Platform combines real-time intelligence, rich analytics and adaptive step-up challenges to progressively diminish the profitability of attacks while adapting to evolving attack patterns. Arkose Labs offers the only fraud solution with a 100% SLA guarantee. The world's largest brands trust Arkose Labs to protect their customer journey while delivering unrivaled customer experience.
Learn more about Arkose Labs from our innovation sandbox presentation at RSA: https://youtu.be/Fyhr_ZuveLM
What you'll be doing
- Work on one of Brisbane's highest-traffic SaaS services running at a global scale, serving ~500 million requests (multi-terabytes of data) per day and increasing
- Work on building highly-available, zero downtime, distributed software systems to help combat fraud
- Help build software that spans from the browser all the way down to analytics data pipelines - our engineers work to support a dedicated data science/blue watch team
- Work within an agile, cross-functional team (SWE, SRE, QE) to build out and own services and projects, from requirements + specs to release and maintenance
- Help with migrating from a monolithic system and AWS lambdas to a microservices-based architecture running on Kubernetes
- Build and maintain new data pipelines to empower data science teams
What we want from you
Need to have
- 5+ years experience with Big Data Pipelines (e.g. Kafka, Other Data Streaming Engines like Storm, Spark, etc.)
- 5+ years experience with Data Modeling and Data Warehousing(Snowflake, AWS, Athena, etc.)
- 5+ years experience with NoSQL technologies (Elasticsearch, Cassandra etc.)
- 5+ years experience SQL
- 1+ years experience Python
- 1+ years experience Spark (or equivalent)
Nice to have
- Startup Experience
- Previous work experience in cybersecurity and/or fraud company
Why Arkose Labs?
The unique opportunity to join an early stage, high growth startup, venture-backed by Microsoft and PayPal, with pioneering technology built by an ambitious team who are passionate about their product and love coming to work every day.
The chance to work with some of the biggest names in the market such as Microsoft, EA, Singapore Airlines, Roblox, Github, and Blackhawk Network!
You will be a part of a diverse and high performing environment that values and recognizes your contributions and unique perspectives and experience: we value what you bring to the culture.
We hire the best and value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusion, and collaboration.
What sets Arkose Labs apart is that we:
- are independent thinkers and take ownership
- constructively challenge one another
- demonstrate empathy for our customers and obsess about solving their problems
- make data-driven decisions
We focus on professional growth and development and offer continuing education.
- Flexible hardware options (e.g. Mac, Linux)
- Drinks and team activities every Friday from 2pm
- Flexible working hours and working from home days
- Excellent work/life balance
- Modern office in the heart of Fortitude Valley
We are currently in a transition from a start-up to a scale-up business, are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Company events both on and off-site as well as volunteering initiatives!
Arkose Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Arkose Labs will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.