CIB Ops Digital Tools - Intelligent Automation - PMO / Data Analyst - Analyst - Mumbai
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Department Description: The Markets Operations Transformation Group is a dedicated team of Program resources that are focused on delivering large scale change initiatives that span across business units to address Business, Industry and Client requirements across the Digital & Platform Services (D&PS) organization. The group provides a unique mix of project skills and product experience that are not tied to a specific business unit enabling it to provide a consistent, high-quality and responsive approach to the way we manage and execute change across the Corporate & Investment Bank.
The Digital Tools Program Management Office (PMO) is responsible for identifying opportunities where Intelligent Automation solutions can be deployed across the D&PS organization to automate repetitive and manual processes and reduce the reliance on user tools, resulting in operational efficiencies and improvements to the control environment. The IA solutions currently used across the program include Robotics Process Automation, Data Transformation, Business Intelligence, Optical / Intelligent Character Recognition, cognitive automation such as Machine Learning and other artificial intelligence related initiatives.
The Digital Tools Program Management Office (PMO) is responsible for managing the overall portfolio of programs and projects to ensure we remain on target towards defined goals. The PMO supports the operations champions with their deliveries, track progress against plan and manage the communication of project status to various stakeholders. To achieve this the PMO is responsible for defining a standard project execution lifecycle framework, ensure compliance with established standard, acting as the central control point to track and manage progress and publish status updates on progress to key stakeholders and senior management.
Role Description : The team is seeking a high performing analyst candidate for a PMO / Data Analyst position based out of our Mumbai office in Paradigm. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting a broad range of PMO / Data analyst activities across the group, look for automation opportunities to constantly improve the way the PMO operates and build and support business intelligence dashboards used by all levels of management.
This role provides a unique opportunity to gain exposure to key Operations Transformation initiatives being implemented across D&PS and will require partnership with representatives from across the organization including Business, Finance, Operations and Technology groups.
Key responsibilities include
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Support the overall program governance and reporting of status to key stakeholders and senior management across the organization, via key Steering Committees and PCC's.
- Manage the data attributes and execution lifecycle requirements for new and existing Intelligent Solutions in JIRA, in partnership with platform leads, PMO and controls organizations.
- Ensure firmwide control requirements are incorporated in the Execution Lifecycle in JIRA in partnership with JIRA implementation team.
- Support the migration of the existing Intelligent Solutions onto the new firmwide inventory system IA Hub and co-ordinate the overall certification process on behalf of CIB Operations
- Develop in depth understanding of Digital Tool firmwide controls standards and work with the PMO Project manager to implement these standards in partnership with Operations representatives to ensure project documentation is in compliance with requirements.
- Support development of a Data Analytics framework by partnering with business to identify requirements, source key datasets and support data transformation using Alteryx in support of program governance and reporting
- Industrialize the automation of all reporting extracts from a single data source to ensure consistency across all reporting; which includes developing a consistent set of business intelligent to enable self-service.
- Oversee the progress of projects through execution lifecycle to assess status against the book of work to ensure they are progressing to plan.
- Act as the single point of contact for all Execution Lifecycle and Inventory Management questions / queries related to the Operations Transformation agenda.
- Work in partnership with Program / Project managers to help shape and drive the Business intelligence framework for the PMO and maintain dashboards in QlikView and Tableau.
- Develop and lead selected Business Intelligence and Data Transformation projects to improve the overall performance of the program.
The successful candidate will have a proven record of Project / Change management delivery and PMO leadership within a Financial Services environment. They must be able to demonstrate a structured approach to problem solving and have excellent written and oral communication skills. The individual should be confident in dealing with staff at all levels, with a can-do personality to ensure issues get resolved and a strong sense of ownership. We work to fixed deadlines set both internally / externally so it is crucial that the candidate is able to work under pressure.
- Overall 3 to 5 years in Financial Services with minimum 1 years' experience with PMO skill set and tools
- H ave a proven track record of developing Business intelligence, with a minimum of 2 years of experience with QlikView, Qlik Sense, Tableau
- Be an expert at understanding Software Development Life Cycle, Execution Life cycle for Intelligent Automation Solutions such as RPA, Alteryx, Xceptor
- Hands on expert at structured data transformation with Alteryx or other data blending tools and sourcing data from multiple platforms/file structures
- Exceptional organizational skills, be able to prioritize demands/tasks based on priority level
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and capable of developing strong story boards to support senior management update
- Expert understanding of project lifecycle, supporting documentation and control related requirements
- Strong level of proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Project), specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- A good understanding of collaboration and reporting tools - SharePoint
The candidate should also possess the following attributes:
- Self-starter who is creative with a 'can-do' attitude and strong work ethic
- Exceptional attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Capacity to think laterally and convey an understanding of the big picture
- Strong risk and controls awareness
- Ability to multitask and handle high stress while maintaining accuracy in tight deadlines
- Ability to work with cross-functional global teams and interact with all staff levels
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.