Work Type: Full Time
Position is Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm with the ability to work additional hours as needed.
Position is preferred at 326 SW A Street, Bentonville, AR, however, location is flexible within the Arvest 4 state footprint (AR, KS, MO, OK). Remote work options may be available outside of the 4-state footprint upon review during the interview process.
SUMMARY: An experienced data scientist designing and developing advanced analytical and statistical algorithms to drive business outcomes and customer experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directs the gathering of data; assesses data validity and usability, synthesizes data into large analytics datasets to support company goals.
- Utilizes advanced data analytics and data mining techniques to analyze data; reviews data results to ensure accuracy; and communicates results and insights to executive leadership.
- Utilizes proven techniques to analyze user/customer behavior and usage patterns to identify opportunities to transform our digital customer experience, loyalty, and acquisition.
- Designs various mathematical, statistical, and simulation techniques to answer critical business questions and create predictive solutions which drive improvement in business outcomes.
- Drives analytics and insights across Arvest by developing advanced statistical models and computational algorithms based on business initiatives.
- Codes, tests and maintains scientific models and algorithms; identifies trends, patterns, and discrepancies in data; and determines additional data needed to support insight.
- Presents recommendations to business partners and influences future business plans based on insights using excellent communication, presentation and visualization capabilities.
- Provides peer review and mentoring to other decision scientists.
- Trains team members in statistical models and guides junior colleagues or less experienced staff on projects.
- Supports an enterprise-wide mission by identifying and applying best practices in field of advanced analytics (statistics, operations research, etc.) to multiple Arvest business units.
- Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. This includes but is not limited to; complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls; report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations and report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
- Support and uphold the Arvest Mission Statement.
- Uphold the Arvest Code of Ethics and ensure that confidential information is safeguarded.
- Maintain a high level of cooperation and rapport with all associates in order to ensure accurate and efficient operations and service.
- Formulate and communicate new ideas and suggestions that will improve profitability and efficiency for the company’s overall operation.
- Promote professionalism at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Operations Research, or in a related field of study or equivalent relevant work experience required.
- 5 years of combined experience in statistical programming language; structured query language and relational databases required.
- 3 years analyzing customer data leveraging a full range of statistical analysis including multivariate analysis (e.g., factor analysis, cluster analysis, discriminate analysis) required.
- 2 years data modeling, ETL, data cleansing, data integration, data mining, statistical, analytical, and visualization tools/techniques required.
- 2 years informational intensive industries experience required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to arrive at work on time, work on site and have regular work attendance
- Must be able to work cooperatively with other co-workers regardless of personality, presence or communication style
- Must be able to provide cordial customer service regardless of customer personality, presence or communication style
- Must be able to perform several tasks at once
- Must be able to work in a stressful atmosphere
- Must be able to rotate job tasks
- Must be able to greet others cordially
- Must be able to coordinate multiple and changing priorities
- Must be able to verbally communicate with all other associates
- Must be able to operate telephone, scanner, copier and FAX machines
- Must be able to occasionally work outside of normal business hours.
- Must be able to move from department, division, or bank to department, division, or bank to attend meetings
- Must be able to operate personal computer keyboard in order to create reports, schedules and other appropriate documentation
- Is able to move seamlessly between the business and IT, understanding insights data can provide to the business as well as changes in the business that might change how we interpret data.
- Serves as a leading participant in regional decision science forums, bringing new techniques and best practices into the organization and disseminating them to appropriate colleagues.
- Collaborates with business and technology leaders to gain understanding of relevant business practices, data and definitions.
- Assists in stakeholder coaching and mentoring related to decision sciences, predictive analytics, and utilizing data to test and measure assumptions and scenarios to achieve results.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and to talk and hear. The associate must occasionally reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The associate may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.