The Marketing Data Scientist will hold a central role in the Digital Marketing & Analytics team, driving insights and enabling personalization by creatively deriving value from voluminous first party data. The position will foremost be responsible for conceptualizing, building and deploying algorithms and segmentations to marketing systems that drive concrete results. Conducting exploratory analyses, designing marketing tests, and identifying optimization opportunities will also be key components of the role. The ideal candidate will be innovative and collaborative, and support BECU’s not-for-profit mission by steadily improving membership acquisition, financial health, product adoption, engagement and retention programs across life stages and channels.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Develop machine learning and statistical models that identify appropriate audiences for new and ongoing campaigns and initiatives, in partnership with program managers and data engineers.
- Improve conversion rates via automated personalization and send-time optimization data signals, while maintaining dynamic control groups to measure impact.
- Support the ongoing improvement of membership forecasting as well as capital planning & stress testing, using Moody's scenarios and internal business drivers.
- Create custom segmentations using first party data that aid in understanding and serving our consumer & business members.
- Provide next logical product recommendations at the individual and household level.
- Contribute to the design and ongoing improvement of BECU’s transactional Consumer Financial Health Score model.
- Effectively communicate results to technical and non-technical groups, such as strategy teams, leadership and risk management auditors.
- Routinely QA and monitor model performance for drift and / or data pipeline errors.
- Design and present ad-hoc analyses, profiles and market research as needed, applying valid methodologies.
- Code efficient queries that incorporate multiple data sources using business information tools and cloud-based platforms.
- Meet privacy, security and compliance standards for all financial and marketing data operations.
- Work with Data Governance to define data processes that are in production.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, or Economics required, with an advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of in-depth experience with scripting languages (SQL, Python, R, etc.) and statistical software (SAS, MatLab, ML platforms, etc.) required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in financial, marketing or tech industry preferred.
- Familiarity with marketing data sources and systems including Salesforce Marketing Cloud, customer data platforms, LiveRamp, Google Analytics / BigQuery, Fiserv and SiteCore preferred.
- Demonstrated Proficiency in visual data analytics tools like Tableau, PowerBI, or Google Data Studio.
- Excellent presentation and project management skills required.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.