DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It's a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration. DRW NX is the technological research center of DRW based in Montreal and manages our RF networks across the globe.
DRW NX machine learning team works on various aspects of our business. We develop novel solutions to critical business problems. We work with large amounts of data on a daily basis.
DRW NX is looking for passionate and innovative interns to join our machine learning team. The ideal candidate is currently working towards a degree in computer science, engineering, statistics, or other related technical fields. You will help us build, analyze, and interpret models, improve our infrastructure, and make the most of our data.
Some examples of what you could be working on:
- Apply deep learning methods to telemetry data (sensor data and metrics collected from intelligent devices)
- Apply NLP/NLU to trading problems
- Improve our data and data pipelines
- Having an interest in and / or currently enrolled in machine learning, deep learning, time series analysis, NLP related field of study
- Good knowledge of machine learning and/or deep learning algorithms
- Good knowledge of tools and packages such as Tensorflow, Pytorch, Keras, scikit-learn
- Experience programming in at least one language (Python, MATLAB, R, Java, ...)
- Experience with scripting
- Strong communication skills
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
Following qualifications are a plus:
- Software best practices (agile, version control, experiment tracking, code review etc.)
- Publications in relevant conferences and journals
What DRW Montreal has to offer you:
- Recognized as one of Canada's Best Employers for the past 8 years
- Committed to continuous learning & development
- Industry leading benefits package and perks
- Focused on employee well-being and work-life balance
- Community initiatives, volunteer program and opportunities for giving back
Find out more about all of our perks & benefits here
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.