Search is a crucial part of Delivery Hero’s mission to always deliver an amazing experience- fast, easy and to your door. Search teams are responsible for powering search experience in more than 45 countries and 25 languages, enabling 50M+ searches each day across 4 continents. Our data informed culture helps us continuously improve and provide a high quality search experience to our diverse set of users.
About the role
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be focused on developing tools and methods to better understand user’s search intent and improve query performance. You will be working on problems like autocomplete, query expansion, and query correction. As a Data Scientist in our team, we expect you to have a strong and proven experience in applying ML models to solve search related problems. You are someone who can work with a large and diverse datasets to build models that are deployed at a massive scale.
About the team
We own and drive the improvements in the understanding of the user's search intent for all verticals and brands of Delivery Hero. The goal of the team is to continuously innovate, and provide amazing search experience to our users. We are a full stack team consisting of talented Data Scientists, ML Engineers, Backend Engineers, and Data Engineers. The team has end to end ownership of building ML models, deployment and maintenance of various query understanding topics such as autocomplete, query expansion and search tooling.
- Innovate and use state of the art machine learning and statistical models to better understand user’s search intent and improve query performance
- To constantly improve the performance of services such as query expansion and autocomplete
- Work closely with other data scientists and engineers to put your models into production
- Define and drive the best practices of data science within the Discovery tribe. Evangelise search data science within the tribe and the wider company
Your heroic skills
- 4+ years of experience as a data scientist working on applying data science fundamentals to solve complex business problems
- Master’s degree (or Bachelor’s with 5+ years of experience) in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Theoretical Chemistry, or Similar
- Knowledge of a wide variety of Machine learning and Statistical methods (Classical ML, Deep Learning, NLP, and Recommendation Systems) and its pros-cons. Ability to identify best approach and methods suitable for a problem
- Demonstrated experience working in the field of NLP. Deep understanding of embeddings, and transformer models like BERT
- Strong coding skills in Python and SQL. Experience working with Scientific Python stack and Airflow
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to navigate it to define data science problems Ability to break a problem into manageable tasks and establish clear data science goals
- Effective communication and ability to explain complex work in simple terms to team members and stakeholders
- (nice to have) Experience working with BigQuery and GCP cloud stack
Why Delivery Hero?
- Exchange ideas and meet fellow developers in our active guilds and through our global tech & product community
- We offer visa & relocation support globally to our permanent employees
- Enjoy our free online yoga classes and a subsidized Urban Sports Club or Gympass membership
- Take care of your mental and emotional well-being with our free Headspace subscription and unlimited access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Participate in our health campaigns such as seasonal flu vaccines
- Benefit from BVG subsidy or join our Bike rental program
- Join the global market leader and a publicly listed company with a competitive remuneration package
- Develop your skills with your personal educational budget for conferences and external trainings
- Access our e-learning platform MyAcademy and participate in our various inhouse trainings, including German learning options
- Save responsibly with our attractive corporate pension options
- Join company parties, team, cultural and sports events - due to the current situation on a virtual basis
Our Application process
Learn more about our hiring process. Even if you don't match all the requirements mentioned above we encourage you to apply as we are always looking for people with a growth mindset.