Posted: Jun 19, 2020
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you are a self-motivated, high-energy individual who is not afraid of challenges, we’re looking for you. Apple is seeking a junior level Data Scientist to join a team passionate about Machine Learning applications for Apple Media Products (AMP), covering the App Store, Apple Music/iTunes, Video and other services. This role will involve working with Internet-scale data across numerous product and customer touch points, undertaking in-depth analysis as well as modeling, and building end-to-end Machine Learning applications to tackle the problem. The team’s culture is centered around rapid iteration with open feedback and debate along the way, plus strong collaboration with product, engineering, business, and marketing partners.Key Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in machine learning or software engineering.
- Solid programming skills in at least one of the general programming languages such as Python, Java, Scala.
- We look for hands-on experience with data processing and management with both RDBMS such as Postgres, MySQL and big data stack such as Apache Spark.
- Experience with machine learning frameworks such as Scikit-Learn,, Tensorflow!
- Experience in design, implementation and delivery of scalable build/test/release agile software development cycle.
- Full-stack development experience for end to end machine learning solution preferred.
- We seek experience with cloud platform such as AWS, Heroku, GCP a plus.
- Familiarity with front end development such as React JS, D3.js, a plus.
- Experience with Time Series data, Information Retrieval, Recommendation Systems a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills with meticulous attention to detail.
DescriptionYou will dive deep into AMP’s data to uncover trends, identify key insights and build machine learning applications that will improve the entire analytics efforts. You will participate in designing and implementation of end-to-end Machine Learning system and bring state-of-art machine learning methods into real application. You will be collaborating with product, business, marketing, finance to tackle real business problems and deliver solutions. You will be partnering with other Apple organizations on data gathering, data governance, evangelizing key performance indicators and democratizing data.Education & ExperienceBS degree in Computer Science, or other relevant engineering/quantitative fields with 4+ years of experience applying machine learning to solve real business problems.