Detailed Job Description And Main Responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click “Apply now” to view in Trac.
Main duties of the job
The main aspect of the role is to develop robust data engineering solutions for the Development Team and to undertake any associated administrative tasks in accordance with advice and guidance provided by senior staff and customers. The post holder must ensure that data engineering solutions integrate and perform to the requirements and satisfaction of senior staff, users and clinical and technical design standards.The post holder must be able to:-
- Discuss progress and notify senior staff of impediments during regular team meetings such as Daily SCRUMS.
- Discuss ideas with colleagues and review tasks and priorities in collaboration with other team members and senior staff.
- Contribute ideas on how the team can become more effective – at regular team meetings such as Sprint retrospectives for example.
- Mentor junior colleagues, analysing their strengths and weaknesses and providing advice and guidance to develop their skills and abilities (particularly their technical expertise).
- Actively listen to the advice and guidance of colleagues and tune behaviour accordingly – for example listen to suggestions from colleagues during pair programming sessions and code reviews.
- Speak confidently to groups of users or peers; Demonstrating ideas, concepts and data engineering solutions and answering questions.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
To work in the UK, all candidates who are not UK or Republic of Ireland (RoI) nationals require sponsorship to obtain either a , unless you have permission to work via another route. Non UK / RoI candidates wishing to apply should self-assess the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship by visiting
Welsh language skills are desirable