Dovel Technologies, LLC provides leading edge software and application development services specializing in mission driven solutions that address complex business processes and technology challenges. We practice CMMI ML3 processes and delivery solutions and are an innovative mission oriented technology company focused on complex business and technical challenges, ensuring solutions support the achievement of your mission. Our team creates software solutions that help customers communicate, access, and store mission critical information. Dovel is instrumental in the design and implementation of some of the most mission critical and innovative systems in government today.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Scientist. This position is currently remote. In the future, this role can be based out of our McLean, VA headquarters or can be fully remote anywhere in the United States.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in project meetings with subject matter experts and stakeholders to understand data specific needs.
- Analyze legacy data systems, entity relationships and system interfaces to detect data patterns, anomalies and trends to develop business requirements.
- Develop algorithms, scripts, predictive analytics; use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn disparate data sets into comprehensive information.
- Build and implement predictive models using different multiple machine learning (ML), robotic processing automation(RPA) and natural language processing(NLP) algorithms (linear and logistic regression, time series forecasting, decision trees, survivability analysis, etc.), to develop artificial intelligence (AI) workflows.
- Develop and generate data queries for data extractions and or transformations.
- Analyze and develop data conversion/migration mapping logic.
- Assist with query optimization and troubleshooting of database related issues. Work closely with DBA and Development teams to optimized SQL code.
- Create & maintain technical documentation including analytical design and approaches diagrams, data transformations, data migration mapping and data summations.
- Participate in team agile tasks and sessions such as unit testing, story estimation, sprint planning and retrospectives.
- Generate data views and reports to support end users visualize results and conduct self-directed analysis; leverage presentation expertise, to present complex information to non-technical audiences.
- Master’s Degree or the equivalent and 1-2 years of experience.
- Knowledge of AI and cloud data analytics tools (i.e. Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure Services).
- Programming, creating and modifying SQL queries.
- Experience with Tableau.
- Experience with data mining, optimization, statistics, and graph-based algorithms; R and Python a plus.
- Experience with data conversion/migration and automated process scripting.
- Experience with translating design mockups to develop rich report visualizations.
- Create custom models and data analysis for client’s numerous use cases such as lead scoring, targeted segmentation, numerical projection with linear regression, A/B campaign conversion attribution, etc.
- Extract, examine, clean and transform Big Data in order to facilitate data analysis.
- Perform all elements of data analysis including: using SQL to query and join large datasets, cleaning and structuring data for analysis, analyzing data to find patterns and trends, and visualizing and communicating data to relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to create process improvements and realize efficiencies.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and listening skills.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.