Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
The marketplace is changing more rapidly than ever before, driven by consolidation in digital engagement, changes in consumer behavior, and reliance on digital channels for commerce. To succeed in this future environment, Nike must leverage commercial and consumer data from strategic partners and its owned retail distribution to better plan and allocate products, unleash innovation, meet consumer demand and create seamless consumer experiences throughout the marketplace.Who We Are Looking For
We seek passionate Senior Machine Learning Engineer to build Nike’s robust and machine learning and AI solutions that have a direct global impact on the business and Nike's consumers. Together with the scrum team the role seeks out opportunities to drive data-driven decision making across the whole organization. The person we’re searching gets energized and excited by the challenge of building things from the ground up, loves to think out of box and bring to bear the latest technologies in AI/ML models.
We are searching for a candidate that brings an engineering approach to ML and has experience in providing value through developing machine learning applications. The candidate needs to have with a strong understanding of all parts of the machine learning cycle, from exploration to different strategies to bring ML solutions to production.What You Will Work On
In this role you will be a senior machine learning engineer in a cross-functional squad. On a typical day you will,
- Build machine learning solutions with global impact, helping Nike’s business and consumers
- Work end-to-end on the ML lifecycle, from data exploration to model operationalization
- Collaborate with data engineers, data scientist, product etc in a multi-functional team to the delivery and maintenance of these solutions and business integration
- Partner with different teams and domains on designing, explaining and implementing ML models
- Play and active role in the research and innovation w.r.t. the applicability of ML to improve business objectives
- Participate in the design and execution of A/B testing, model competition etc
- You will be responsible for, and support users with the solutions that you and the team has built
- Work with the MLOps engineer in your team on different the operationalization fo the models, which can be batch inference, or live through providing API’s
- Integrate your models with Nike’s systems or make them consumer facing through the mobile Apps or Nike.com
- Ensure high quality solutions are delivered, through testing, applying engineering standards and actively working on model monitoring
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will be part of an agile scrum team, closely working with the Product Owner, Scrum Master and other team members that drive to deliver innovative AI solutions Nike and our global consumers. You will partner with business facing team members and other technology solution delivery, architecture, and platform teams.
Together with all the ML engineers from the different squads you form the AI Engineering chapter. In this group you we work AI innovation topics, standard ways of working and improving our engineering game.
This role is eligible for remote work for candidates in the following countries: Belgium, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Spain, United Kingdom.What You Bring
- 5+ years of experience working with Machine Learning, and delivering business value through applying ML
- Advanced degree in computer science, math, statistics, engineering or a related degree
- Experience with Python, ML libraries (such as scikit-learn, PyTorch, etc), SQL, Spark, Pandas and cloud technologies
- Thorough understanding of applied statistics, both shallow and deep ML models, can clearly articulate model choice trade-offs, neural network architecture and performance metrics
- Experience in designing and running live model tests such as through A/B or multi-armed bandit testing
- Have strong knowledge of the whole model lifecycle from exploring data to bringing machine learning solutions to production and integrating within Nike
- Experience with containerizing ML workloads, using Docker and Kubernetes
- Background in software engineering, and experience with CI/CD, testing & creating microservices is highly preferred
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.