Data Analyst – Shared Services West (SSW) Temporary Full Time, contract until October 31, 2020Department:
Work From Home until further notice, return to work location: 89 Queensway, Mississauga, ON (Trillium Health Partners – Mississauga Hospital Location)Posted:
June 16, 2020Application Deadline:
June 23, 2020__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Established in 2001, Shared Services West is a not-for-profit shared services organization with expertise in supply chain management, process optimization, and redevelopment planning. Working collaboratively with our stakeholders, we deliver cost-efficient services with a focus on innovative solutions.
As a company, we are built upon a family ethos. We are proud of our values and our culture, which are at the heart of our company. They set the standard for how we behave and work.IS THIS YOU?
You are a data analyst interested in growing your career and specializing in the healthcare industry. You thrive in a fast-paced, team environment and value contributing to high quality data. You enjoy working with large data sets and are detail oriented. You are willing to go the extra mile for the stakeholders you serve and members on your team.JOB SUMMARY
The Data Analyst will report to the Manager of Business Intelligence. Primarily, this role will be responsible for the execution of a Materials Management system data merger/migration project. The Data Analyst may also be required to support operational reporting and assist with the development of new reports for the project and ongoing operations.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborative work with internal and external customers to answer questions and offer guidance.
- Creation and analysis of reports and statistics used in decision support or for other business projects.
- Reviewing, improving, implementing and monitoring process improvements.
- Providing analysis and reports as needed to the SSW Senior Management.
- In consultation with the Data Management team and Business Intelligence team, identifying and implementing operational processes to improve database management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree/diploma in Business, Finance, Sciences, or related analytical discipline.
Knowledge and Understanding:
- Minimum of 1 year experience in an Analytical role
- Experience in a healthcare environment is an asset
- Thorough understanding of the concepts of supply chain functions and analytics
- Knowledge and understanding of Broader Public Sector Procurement Directives is an asset
- Understanding of business operating and financial processes
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- SQL or database reporting considered an asset
- Candidates will be asked to complete a compulsory Excel test
- People interaction
- Willingness to learn and a continuous improvement mindset
- Team Player
- Able to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Customer focus
- Conflict resolution
SSW Employees enjoy:
- Work From Home until further notice, return to work location is Trillium Health Partners, Mississauga Hospital, 89 Queensway, Mississauga, ON., Canada (8:30am-4:30pm)
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com indicating the position title and posting # in the subject line.
- Competitive compensation.
- Generous vacation entitlement.
- One of the top pension plans in Ontario (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan-HOOPP).
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
- Flexible environment.
- Family feel culture.
- Professional development opportunities.
As part of the initial recruitment process, selected candidates will be asked to complete a Job Description Feedback form. Please note that this does not guarantee advancement to the next step in the recruitment process. We thank all applicants for their interest in Shared Services West. Only qualified candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should any accommodation be required.