Microsoft is a company where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envision what can be and take their careers to levels they cannot achieve anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and the sky is the limit thinking a cloud-enabled world.
Microsoft Threat Intelligence has unique optics in to end-to-end cyberattacks and how different stages manifest across our telemetry. By partnering across the company, we build proof-of-concept solutions that showcase new detection capabilities, through novel correlation and analysis methodologies. Our work contributes directly to the customer-facing security tools provided by Microsoft, achieving large scale global impact.
We are looking for an innovative data scientist who can apply machine learning techniques to help our analysts and threat hunters detect and track threats in our telemetry sources, increasing their effectiveness. You will create algorithms that will be applicable to multiple services and data sources and apply them at cloud scale. Your work will combine data science and security research to protect Microsoft customers.Responsibilities
- Work with our threat hunters and analysts to develop novel approaches to tracking and monitoring threat actors that target Microsoft customers by applying machine learning / statistics.
- Deliver end to end solutions for processing large scale data that originates from users, services, or other automated systems.
- Partner across Microsoft Threat Intelligence to deliver end to end solutions to our products and services.
- Strong quantitative skills (e.g., as demonstrated by your degree course in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)
- Curiosity and passion for problem solving; ability to learn new skills quickly and apply them to real-world problems
- Experience applying data-driven inference methods such as statistics, data mining or machine learning to data at scale
- Strong programming skills in Python or Java/Scala/C#, with understanding of cloud architectures and distributed computing such as Apache Spark.
- Demonstrable experience in applying machine learning and statistical approaches to telemetry in the security domain to detect and track malicious activity
- Track record of prototyping new innovative ideas and seeing them through to production
- Experience developing AI/ML solutions using large language models (LLMs).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.