Wavicle Data Solutions leverages Cloud, Data & Analytics technologies to deliver complex business & digital transformation solutions to our clients. As a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) with a 40%+ women workforce, Wavicle fosters a diverse & equitable environment where innovative professionals come together as a team and enable our clients to realize their goals in their transformation journey. Our team members collaborate by infusing their creative problem solving skills, agile working & tech know-how to drive value for our clients.
At Wavicle, a Top Workplace award winner, you’ll find a challenging and rewarding work environment where our 350+ team members based in US, India Canada work from 42 cities in a remote/hybrid, digitally connected way. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes: healthcare, retirement, life insurance, short/long-term disability, unlimited paid time off, short-term incentive plans (annual bonus) and long-term incentive plans.
Watch here to learn Why Wavicle: https://vimeo.com/654661550
Wavicle is hiring a Senior Data Scientist who will perform mission critical duties in our data science consulting practice. A passionate professional who can blend the ever-evolving technology landscape of Cloud and Advanced Analytics with the complex and high-impact space of changing vertical markets.
The Senior Data Scientist will be responsible for leading a team of talented consultants to develop, deliver, and maintain cutting edge diagnostic, predictive, prescriptive and AI applications for our client base. This role will be responsible for expanding, optimizing, and monitoring our expanding CI/CD model pipelines through meticulous architecting, cutting edge modelling, intelligent business logic, consistent data governance, testing and continuous delivery.
What You Will Get To Do:
- Lead and provide advanced analytics expertise for projects that drive optimization of decisions for client(s), within a team of analysts, scientists, and engineers
- Partner with various business units, business analysts, and data stewards to understand the business needs, formulate business problems, and translate those problems into analytical solutions
- Identify data science and advanced analytics use cases that drive business value for clients and implement those use cases by building models, prototyping, executing filed trials, deploying models into production, integrating model scores into decision support and point applications, and managing models (for degradation, population drift, adoption) in production .processes and tools that can be shifted towards automation to enable seamless development and self-service analytics workloads
- Develop custom models and processes to ensure maximum effectiveness of client insights
- Partner with data analysts/engineers and architects to provide solutions leveraging models with statistical analysis tools and data visualization applications
- Obtain and/or maintain technical expertise of available data science and (Sagemaker, Databricks, Data Science Libraries etc) as well as programming languages ( Python, Spark, R, etc.)
- Develop data science applications in agile, DataOps approach (CI/CD pipelines)
- Identify and implement industry use cases in data science and advanced analytics
- Master data wrangling techniques and rapidly create analysis data sets from disparate data sources in a lab environment.
- Perform extensive data quality analysis, data profiling, feature engineering and exploratory data analysis analysis on new data sets to determine potential project value
- Work with internal engineering teams and clients to rapidly ingest data into the lab environment for analysis and after analysis provide data engineers with the benefit of data profiling, quality assessment, wrangling code, and requirements for the purpose of curating data to production
- Modify modeling code to develop production ready scoring engines for developed models
- Generate documentation on existing production models and its influencing business processes in order to reconcile knowledge gaps between the business, data science, and IT
- Mentor junior data scientists, data wranglers and data analysts
- 8+ years of professional work experience as a Data Scientist or Machine Learning Engineer
- Experience building data science applications in a global team environment using agile methodologies including CI/CD pipelines, DataOps, CRISP-DM, etc. Experience with Jira, Confluence, and Git
- Experience or certification with Spark, Databricks, AWS and/or GCP is highly desired
- Expert in Advanced Analytics techniques, including one or more of the following: natural language processing (NLP), time-series forecasting, optimization, stochastics, game theory, or systems dynamics is required.
- Expert understanding of predictive modeling, machine-learning, clustering and classification techniques, and algorithms is required
- Python, Pandas, Numpy, Matplotib Scikit coding skills are required
- Expert in one or more programming languages (Python, PySpark, SparkR, C/C++, SQL)
- Familiarity with Big Data frameworks and visualization tools
- Good understanding of the Cloud (AWS/GCP/Azure) environments
- Expert at telling stories with data using data visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI, QuickSight, Qlikview, etc.)
- Strong ability to explain complex modeling and predictive capabilities to executive leadership is required
- Project management experience, specifically as a scrum master, is required
- Prior experience leading Data Strategy & Data Science strategy projects is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to present to executive leadership and mentor junior data scientists
- Creative drive to try data tools, and explore and discover insights from data
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Analytics, Operations Research, or other computational field is required
- Experience working as a consultant is highly desired, and experience in writing proposals and SOW’s
- Work from home with the ability to travel up to 25% to the client location if needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Wavicle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Bonus Program