Numerator is a data and technology company reinventing market research. Headquartered in Chicago, IL, Numerator has 1,600 employees worldwide. The company blends proprietary data with advanced technology to create unique insights for the market research industry that has been slow to change. The majority of Fortune 100 companies are Numerator clients.
As our Senior Data Analyst, on our data science team, you will get the opportunity to build statistical models, drive actionable insights, and tackle high-impact business problems. You will tell the story behind your insights – painting a picture to our cross-functional partners, explaining what the numbers are telling us, and recommending new ways our data can support multiple teams and our Company as a whole. A particular focus of your work will be on measuring methodologies to project and balance panel data to accurately represent purchase behavior.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you are passionate about using data to drive insights and optimizations that create better connections for our customers and that improves Numerator’s business results and success. You will not only have strong technical abilities to retrieve, manipulate, analyze, and visualize data but also excellent communication capabilities to stakeholders of all levels and skills. You will thrive in a highly autonomous and collaborative environment.
You enjoy working with product and engineering teams and other stakeholders to find the best solution to the problem at hand, iterate over it and can balance technical complexity with delivering customer value timely. Additionally, The ideal candidate will have experience managing analytical projects from conception to completion, and a hands-on approach.
If you are seeking an environment where you get to do meaningful work with a great data science team, then we want to hear from you!
What you get to do
- Define and regularly monitor KPIs, success metrics, and other analytics to maximize our control for all aspects of our data pipeline and performance.
- Identify areas of analytic opportunity within Numerator and work with great focus to implement our vision.
- Provide regular analysis and insights that influence our business strategy and operational plans.
- Develop methodologies to accurately analyze the projection and balancing of panel data.
- Partner with Product, Data, and Engineering teams to identify, investigate, and deliver solutions related to product and back-end data issues.
- Support Senior Manager and broader team in developing business cases for growth opportunities across Numerator’s business.
- Lead analysis that supports the discovery and measurement of new + existing methodologies and algorithms.
- Provide analysis consulting and support to both internal and external clients.
- Analyze industry trends, competitive landscape, and internal performance, and report these findings to the leadership team.
- Regularly communicate outcomes, new initiatives, and improvements to stakeholders.
- Create and manage processes to deliver high-quality data through scorecards and data feeds.
Skills & RequirementsWhat You Bring
- 3+ years of industry experience with granular data analysis, predictive analytics, or analytics technology products.
- 1+ years of experience in a senior role or leading data analytic position where you had to execute the creation and proposal of technical/business solutions.
- Hands-on experience reading/writing code as a Data Engineer, Technical Data Analyst or Data Scientist.
- Fluency in SQL or other similar programming languages. Some development experience in at least one scripting language (Python, R, etc.).
- Experience with data visualization and tools such as Looker, Mode, Periscope, Tableau, etc.
- Experience launching internal metric dashboards and scorecards.
- You are a data-storyteller who is comfortable communicating results in a crisp and effective manner to all audiences (technical and non-technical).
- Strong analytical skills and can evangelize the use of data for sound decision making across functions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to collaborate with, and influence cross-functional partners.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment in an industry that constantly changes.
- A mindset of designing for the future but building for now.
- An eagerness to learn from others and help others grow with you.
- A love of data and finding interesting questions to ask of it.
Nice to Haves
- Previous experience working with purchase panel data and/or survey responses.
- Proficiency in at least one statistics/data analysis packages, such as Python or R.
- Experience working with marketing insights, shopping data or in the retail industry.
- Experience with understanding, analyzing and modeling user data and granular behavioral trends.
- Exposure to machine learning frameworks and methods.
What we offer
- An inclusive and collaborative company culture- we work in an open environment while working together to get things done, and adapt to the changing needs as they come.
- Market competitive total compensation package.
- An opportunity to have an impact in a technologically data driven company.
- Volunteer time off and charitable donation matching.
- Strong support for career growth, including mentorship programs, leadership training, access to conferences and employee resource groups.
- Great benefits package including health/vision/dental, unlimited PTO, flexible schedule, 401K matching, travel reimbursement and more.
If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, we'd love for you to apply! Don't worry if you think that you don't meet all the qualifications here. The tools, technologies, and methodologies we use are constantly changing and we value talent and interest over specific experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.