The Travel Retail Worldwide (TRWW) BIA Commercial Data Analyst supports TRWW commercial stakeholders in their decision-making needs by taking raw data and applying data analysis techniques to identify various facts and trends. He/She is part of the TR Business Analytics Competency Center (BACC), a data and analytics oriented team embedded in the business, where he/she is supported by data analysts, data engineers and data scientists.
The Commercial Data Analyst has high attention to detail, communicates well and is highly organized. He/She not only understands the business and the data, but is able to provide insight and analysis through clear visual, written and verbal communication.
- Works closely with business to help answer any questions that cannot be answered through existing reports and dashboards in areas related to our sales order flow and associated fill rates, sell-out, trade inventory, pricing, etc serving both internal audiences (commercial and brand organization, customer service) and external audiences (retail partners).
- Acts as the commercial and customer service domain expert within the BACC team.
- Identifies opportunities for standard reports and dashboards and works with team members to plan, implement and roll out these solutions.
- Supports introducing a data culture in TRWW by guiding our business functions in adopting advanced user self-service tools and capabilities
- Advises stakeholders, providing pro-active ideas and solutions to solve business problems
- Advises on technology and capability needs to support future evolution of data analysis for TRWW
Stays up-to-date on any new evolutions that can help evolve TRWW’s ability in data analysis.Qualifications
- University degree
- 5 years related experience
- Technical skills:
- Power BI
- Power Query, DataFlows, DataSets
- Python (incl. main packages such as Pandas, NumPy, PySpark DataFrames, …)
- SAP experience is a plus
- Experience with statistical data analysis is a plus
- Data Visualization: able to use the best visualization method to tell the data-driven story in the most effective way.
- Data Wrangling: able to apply data cleaning, merging, deduplication and other techniques to bring various distinct data sets together
- Data Science: good understanding of data science concepts, allowing to judge whether applying advanced techniques are needed to solve a problem
- Strong problem-solving skills; able to break down into sub-problems and synthesize the recommendations.
- Methodical and logical approach
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work independently and take initiative to know the known unknowns.
- Business acumen: understanding the industry (FMCG/Beauty) and functions supported (sales, finance, supply chain) is a plus
- Communication: able to use data storytelling to communicate your findings for everyone to understand
Teamwork: able to work in close collaboration with fellow team members and business stakeholders to understand business objectives and data required to solve problems.Job:
Strategy / Business DevelopmentPrimary Location:
Asia Pacific-SG-Job Type:
1st (Day) ShiftJob Number: