- ✊ Ownership
We choose to be here and to do what we do. We are responsible for our objectives and for the output of our work.
Taking action without direction from above to improve our knowledge and come up with solutions to problems. Initiative is a key reason for success, and places an obligation not to stifle it.
We encourage those below us to take action and support them if they make mistakes. We explain what we want accomplished and allow flexibility in how it is accomplished.
Being concerned about our co workers, our customers and the customers of our customers.
- ️ Ambition
Always seeing bigger and having a strong desire and determination to succeed.
We’re looking for our first Data Engineer / Analyst whose main missions will be to :
- (Build) Set up the data infrastructure
- (Analyse) Make the data available for all other teams
- (Maintain) Keep a machine learning model in production
- (Automate) Simplify and automate our wiring process
Our promise : You will have a complex technical challenge, a lot of responsibility and autonomy
3 reasons to believe us :
- Our data infrastructure has to be built from scratch
- You will be our first data profile where everything will rely on you
As a Data Engineer & Analyst @Shipup, you will
As our first Data profile, you will report to
(our CTO & CPO) and work closely with our Product Director, technical leaders and other leaders (sales, marketing, CSM, admin…).
Your missions :
- You’ll create the foundations of the data environment for Shipup
- You’ll build tools and processes to continuously monitor and update our existing carrier integrations, ensuring our mission critical product features perform reliably
- You’ll work on key initiatives to create a data-driven mindset across all teams at Shipup
- You’ll help us scale the data engine powering our shipping carrier integrations: Shipup connects to more than 80 shipping companies with constantly evolving specifications that need to be syncronised with our internal systems
- You’ll oversee the addition of new carriers to our partner list
You’ll join a team of fourteen led by
, our CTO & CPO :
- Engineering : 9 technical people (1 vp engineering, 2 lead developers/engineering managers, 1 senior front and 5 full-stack/back-end engineers)
- Product & Design : 1 product director, 2 product managers and 1 product designer
You could be a good fit if
- You’ve studied in an engineering or statistics school
- You’ve worked as a data for at least one year on a product experiencing rapid-growth
- You’ve already built a data warehouse, ideally with a large volume of data
- You’ve good knowledge of dimensional modeling, SQL and programming skills
- Your work is well-crafted and well-tested for scale
- You pay great attention to details. You’ve shipped prior work that is known for its reliability.
- You speak english very well
Nice to have
- You’re fluent with Python
Our recruitment roadmap remains unchanged due to health conditions. On the opposite, we need more than ever resources to reach our ambitious objectives.
That’s why we guarantee a fully remote hiring process for all candidates.
Here are the 4 steps of our recruitment process :
- ️ (45min) Screening call with
Quentin, our Tech Talent Acquisition Manager
To better understand your career plan and answer any of your questions
(01:00) Homework l SQL Analysis
To evaluate your SQL skills
(01:30) Hiring manager interview with
To evaluate your hard & soft skills and give you more information about our business, product and data challenges
(01:30) Drinks or lunch with the team
To ensure that you will be in line with our values and culture
Why should you apply ?
Strong impact : you will be one of the main players in our data growth !
Versatility and potential career development : you will have the ownership over a significant amount of data and you will be our first data profile. You will be able to grow as we expand the structure.
Attractive salary : salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal vouchers, coffees, transportation, health insurance…), sponsorship, relocation package, internal events and offsites
multicultural teams where everyone cares for one another (If you want to
what our employees are saying about us on Glassdoor ! ✨)
New renovated office :
located in the heart of
Growth : our environment is rapidly growing in Europe and in the USA
High-quality equipment : latest Macbook Pro or equivalent
People-centric company : our people matter, work-life balance is important at Shipup