The Senior Data Analyst acts as an intermediary between the business community and the technical community, working with IT project teams and
business clients to capture, clarify and design requirements around the collection, transformation, quality assurance, storage and use of data, as well as the processes that act or rely upon data (using appropriate tools and Models). These requirements are the basis from which applications and solutions are developed.
Working throughout the full project lifecycle, the Senior DA will be expected to query and analyse data in underlying systems, often without supporting documentation, to determine the quality of existing data, its use in ‘As-is’ business processes, and how this data needs to be extracted, transformed and used in future ‘To-be’ business processes.
The Senior Data Analyst will be expected to lead and drive the functional integrity of the overall solution ensuring that all key elements of the business case are satisfied by the business requirements and the solution aligns to the architecture roadmap. In addition, they will be expected to work closely with the Lead Business Analyst to recruit, manage and develop a number of business and data analysts to enhance the wider analysis practice.
The Senior Data Analyst role is a client facing role and will face off to business users up to senior management levels, Business Unit Chief Operating Officers and into IT delivery colleagues and work closely with the IRB Product Manager and Programme/Project Managers to facilitate the successful delivery of the change initiatives.
Close Brothers utilises the SFIAPlus skills framework, in partnership with BCS
Business Analysis (SFIA Level 5)
- Takes responsibility for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes, through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organisation change.
- Selects, adopts and adapts appropriate business analysis methods, tools and techniques; selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Collaborates with stakeholders at all levels, in the conduct of investigations for strategy studies, business requirements specifications and feasibility studies
- Prepares business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks.
Data Modelling and Design (SFIA Level 4)
- Investigates corporate data requirements, and applies data analysis, design, modelling, and quality assurance techniques, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and their associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions).
- Provides advice and guidance to database designers and others using the data structures and associated components.
Requirements Definition & Management (SFIA Level 5)
- Plans and drives scoping, requirements definition and prioritisation activities for large, complex initiatives.
- Selects, adopts and adapts appropriate requirements definition and management methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive
- (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Obtains input from, and formal agreement to, requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders. Negotiates with stakeholders to manage competing priorities and conflicts.
- Establishes requirements baselines.
- Ensures changes to requirements are investigated and managed.
- Contributes to the development of organisational methods and standards.
Conduct, Risk and Compliance
- Ensure that all Governance and Compliance requirements are adhered to and all reporting and reviewing activities required by the Regulatory Bodies are carried out to the standards required.
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF / PLEASE APPLY IF:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and is highly experienced at engaging with stakeholders and influencing outcomes.
- Has an in depth understanding of data modelling techniques and their application to drive and support business change.
- Strong ability to analyse data to determine it’s overall quality against a set of metrics in accordance with Data Governance Polices.
- Proven ability to map data from sources to targets to satisfy solutions and realise benefits of ‘To-Be’ processes.
- Good understanding of business change and software development life cycles and approaches, and the concepts and practices required to implement effective information systems. Possesses a broad understanding of business and business skills, and understands the significance of commercial constraints.
- Able to apply business and technical expertise to assignments in other specialist areas and business domains.
- Communicates with stakeholders across all business areas and at different levels of seniority.
- Demonstrates a systematic and analytical approach to problem analysis and resolution.
- Awareness of industry / regulatory best practices for handling data and information.
- Previous Experience of Data Modelling (both logical and Physical).
IT IS NOT ESSENTIAL BUT IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU:
- Experience in Banking and Financial Services
- Experience querying and interpreting data using a number of different programme languages, including one: SQL, Python, R.
- Experience in the use of ETL tools (Informatica, Alteryx)
At Close Brothers we look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick every box. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are open to discuss flexible work options to help you balance your work and home life.
We appreciate that from time to time, recruitment agencies will have speculative CVs that they may wish to submit to our Talent Acquisition team in relation to a specific role.
To avoid any ambiguity around fees, please note that speculative CVs received by Close Brothers, that have not been authorised in advance, by us, will be ineligible for an agency fee. Thank you.