At Maxa, we automate financial and ERP insights. We help finance and operational teams at medium and large companies who are all under pressure to assemble and analyze all the data required to deliver insights for their own needs, but also to support their business teams.
With Maxa's financial data platform, all the insights are pre-crunched and readily available, in a usable model anyone can understand. No special skills required.
About The Role
We’re looking for a motivated Data Scientist with strong experience applying statistical modeling, machine learning and data visualization techniques to deliver data-driven solutions. You will be working on some of our most complex customer challenges, with potential developed solutions being part of our core product offering. This role is positioned at the intersection of customer delivery and product development and offers an exciting opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Work closely with our customers to understand their business challenges and translate them into actionable data-driven projects.
- Apply statistical modeling, machine learning and predictive analytics techniques to deliver solutions for complex financial and operational data challenges.
- Conduct thorough data analysis using relevant tools (e.g., Pandas, NumPy, Scikit-learn) to identify patterns, trends, and areas of improvement for our customers' financial and operational processes.
- Create intuitive data visualizations for dashboards & reports using relevant tools (e.g. Plotly, Streamlit) in order to effectively communicate data insights to our customers.
- Write efficient, reusable, and scalable code in Python and SQL.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including other data scientists, data analysts, software engineers, and analytics engineers, to ensure successful implementation of our data solutions.
Strong Knowledge of
- Programming languages (Python and SQL)
- Statistical modeling, machine learning, and predictive analytics techniques.
- Data manipulation and analysis tools (e.g., Pandas, NumPy, Scikit-learn).
- Data visualization tools (e.g., Plotly, Seaborn, Matplotlib, Streamlit)
- Cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and data warehouse platforms (e.g. Snowflake).
Be familiar with
- Version control (Git)
- Finance and accounting principles (including the analysis of financial statements, transactional data etc.)
- Excellent problem-solver and critical-thinker, with the ability to translate complex business data into actionable insights.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Creative and innovative approaches to solving data science challenges.
- Curious about emerging technological trends (especially in data science and machine learning)
- University degree in quantitative field (e.g., Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics etc.) or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in English and French
- 4+ years of experience as a Data Scientist or similar role (or Master’s degree with 2+ years of experience)