At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 2,100 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Associate Data Engineer
This role is based in our Richmond, VA office with flexibility for a hybrid-work environment or potentially open to fully remote work.
- Responsible for data modeling and schema design that will range across multiple business domains within higher education
- Partner with multiple stakeholders including clients, new product development, BI engineers to develop scalable standard schemas
- Work with clients to research and conduct business information flow studies
- Codify high-performing SQL for efficient data transformation
- Coordinate work with external teams to ensure a smooth development process
- Support operations by identifying, researching and resolving performance and production issues
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working with relational or multi-dimensional databases
- Experience developing logical data models within a data warehouse
- Experience developing ETL processes
- Demonstrated mastery in one or more SQL variants: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, or DB2
- Demonstrated mastery in database concepts and large-scale database implementations and design patterns
- Proven ability to work with users to define requirements and business issues
- Excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in an AGILE environment
- Experience developing commercial software products
- Experience with AWS infrastructure (Lambda, Python, Aurora DB)
- Familiar with Snowflake database
- GIT expertise
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.