The insurance world is changing fast due to ever increasing availability of data as well as evolution of technology. By consequence, the industry must move fast to act instead of just reacting. In this context, we are looking for a motivated, proactive and team-oriented Data Scientist to reinforce our Data Office team. You want to work with different areas of business within the company? You want to collaborate with other analytics teams of Allianz? You want to participate on advanced and strategic data projects? You might be the Data Scientist we’re looking for!
What do you get in return?
- As a Data Scientist, we offer you a full-time challenging role in an international landscape based in Brussels or Rotterdam;
- Working in a dynamic environment at Allianz, world leader in assistance and insurance;
- A pleasant working atmosphere in an experienced and enthusiastic team;
- A fascinating, versatile and multilingual job;
- Development opportunities and a nice salary package supplemented with additional benefits based on the country you will be based out of;
- The opportunity to have full flexibility in your work hours and of course to ability to work from home.
Let’s do the match
- You have a background in a Data Science related field (including statistics, mathematics, IA). PhD is not a must but considered as a plus;
- You have knowledge of the Insurance sector, the products and industry requirements;
- You have experience in Machine Learning Engineering with specifical deployment of MLOps principles;
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to communicate analytical and technical content in an easy understandable way;
- You have experience with NLP in R of Phyton;
- Knowledge in behavioral science, cognitive modelling, reinforcement learning or expertise modelling is an advantage;
- Proven experience in working with large datasets and databases (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, MongoDB and ElasticSearch;);
- Knowledge of additional programming languages (e.g. C++, Java) and graph database (e.g. Neo4J) is a plus;
- Strong intellectual curiosity, along with excellent problem-solving and quantitative skills with an Agile mindset;
- Proven leadership with the ability to inspire others, build strong relationships and create a true followership of result-driven achievers;
- Your English is excellent, and speaking French or Dutch is a plus (but not mandatory).
Working as a Data Scientist within our tribe will give you the opportunity to:
Drive the industry’s most innovative data solutions together with the company’s business all the way to their daily operations
- Create innovative approaches to answer business questions
- Prepare complete data analyses and models to help solving business problems and deliver significant measurable impact
- Identify and communicate complex data related requirements together with business and IT stakeholders
- Understand the design and development process of data analytics tools and implement models successfully into the existing business processes
- Work with the stakeholders in agile mode to ensure flexibility, continuous improvement and, ultimately, success
Let's introduce ourselves: We are Allianz.
Allianz has been the global number 1 insurer for years. Something we are proud of and what to share with our employees by giving their careers a boost. We do this by offering multiple trainings to ensure that we foster their talents and ambitions. We firmly believe that a good work/life balance is key, so working from home is here to stay and you can decide yourself when and where you work.
In order to make a social contribution, Allianz Group sponsors the Olympic and Paralympic Games, the Dutch Water Sports Association, the Belgian Athletics, among others. We are also working every day to improve our living environment. A good example of this is the sponsorship of Sea-shepherd: Join us and let's care for tomorrow.
Did we peak your interest?
Get in touch with our recruitment team for more info.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Talent Acquisition Lead
+31 6 42 55 27 69