Date Posted: 11/23/2021
Req ID: 19801
Faculty/Division: Faculty of Arts & Science
Department: ARTSC: Ofc of the Dean
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
The Faculty of Arts & Science is the heart of Canada’s leading university and one of the most comprehensive and diverse academic divisions in the world. The strength of Arts & Science derives from our combined teaching and research excellence in the humanities, sciences and social sciences across 29 departments, seven colleges and 46 interdisciplinary centres, institutes and programs.
We can only realize our mission with the dedication and excellence of engaged staff and faculty. The diversity of opportunities and perspectives within the Faculty reflect the local and global landscape and the need for curiosity, innovative thinking and collaboration. At Arts & Science, we take pride in our legacy of innovation and discovery that has changed the way we think about the world.
The Planning, Budget & Finance Office provides strategic and operational advice on the financial and budget management of the Faculty, as well as internal institutional and Faculty research data and business support services to all of the Faculty’s units. The Office models, plans, and implements the Faculty’s operating budget and provides Faculty-wide support and advice on the management of research, restricted and trust funds; financial analyses and forecasting; strategic planning and budget analysis; policy compliance and develops and delivers finance and business training seminars for A&S academic administrators and administrative staff.
Under the general direction of the Manager, Planning, Data and Analysis, with a specific focus on admissions and recruitment, the incumbent will assist the team's overall mandate to support Faculty planning, policy formulation, and decision making in order to further the academic mission of the Faculty.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Generating reports, producing complex statistical information, and analyzing complex data that requires great precision and attention to many details
- Running queries to gather data and maintaining data archives
- Conducting detailed data analysis to inform management decision making and delivering presentationson financial data and models to clients and/or senior management
- Analyzing statistical information to inform enrollment projections and planning; preparing complex data modelling to support enrollment strategies
- Developing information management methods in order to optimize the use of data
- Developing and maintaining a dashboard for quick access to key performance indicators
- Planning and estimating financial resources required for programs and/or projects
- Serving asa resource on specific issues to a group of specialists
- Bachelor's Degree Finance, Accounting and/or Computer Science, or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five years of recent and related experience supporting data-driven decision-making by conducting detailed data analysis, producing complex statistical information, and analyzing large datasets, preferably in a postsecondary education or research-intensive institution.
- Experience effectively synthesizing information by translating statistical and analytical results into easily understood terms.
- Experience analyzing statistical information to inform enrollment projections, planning, and enrollment strategies.
- Experience working with and manipulating complex data sets using Excel, Tableau and SPSS.
- Experience and intermediate skills in writing/coding programming scripts with Python, R and SQL to extract, reformat and analyze data.
- Experience developing information management methods to optimize the use of data.
- Experience developing and maintaining a dashboard of key performance indicators.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products, and advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Advanced skills in Tableau and SPSS.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to adapt to new and changing priorities.
- Superior project management skills with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and to manage a set of competing priorities.
- Demonstrated strong client service orientation and commitment to fostering equity, diversity and inclusion in a professional environment.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Motivated self-learner
- Possess a positive attitude
- Team player
Closing Date: 12/13/2021, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget - Continuing
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 13 - $74,781 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $95,634. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Finance/Budget/Planning/Audit