About this Opportunity
Note* This position is remote open to US and Canadian based applicants. It is preferred that the Candidate reside between Pacific and Eastern time zones.
At Ericsson Routes we believe that connectivity is critical for mobility - and we are part of creating that future with our mission to be the first stop in any connected mobility journey - starting right here, right now with the autonomous vehicle industry. Ericsson Routes is the Waze for wireless cellular quality. It allows autonomous vehicles, drones, and other connected vehicles to take a route from point A to point B that provides the highest-quality wireless connectivity along the way.
As our new Data Scientist, you will be responsible for developing new intelligence for Ericsson Routes through applied research. You’ll work hand in hand with the rest of our top performance team and in close collaboration with Ericsson’s top engineering and research teams to drive innovation and industry disruption.
Our focus is on Lean and Agile ways of working. We organize in cross functional development teams in which continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing is part of the daily work.
As a startup within Ericsson, we are building a team of top performers who want to experiment, learn, develop the mobility of the future, and have fun along the way. We are a remote first team and can’t wait to have you onboard.
What you will do
Be a critical thinker who is passionate about building and deploying mathematical models for challenging problems and is excited to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Use proficiency and experience in statistics and machine learning methodology to apply to real-world business problems.
- Create models which help drive value, evaluate the technical tradeoffs of every decision
- Perform code reviews and ensure exceptional code quality
- Build robust, lasting, and scalable products
- Iterate quickly without compromising quality
- Strong understanding of machine learning approaches and algorithms
- Able to prioritize duties and work well on your own
- Background in solving open ambiguous problems
- Possesses a desire to learn and help others
- Be active in the data science community internally and externally - sharing knowledge and expertise and bringing in new ideas to create innovative solutions.
- Contribute to Ericsson’s Intellectual Property through patents and/or external publications
You will bring
It is preferred that the candidate reside between Pacific and Eastern time zones.
- MS degree in technical field such as computer science, mathematics, statistics, or equivalent years of experience
- Experience working with machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Caffe2, PyTorch, Spark ML, scikit-learn, or related frameworks
- Experience working with machine learning, platforms, and system designs.
- Experience with fast prototyping
Why join Ericsson?
At Ericsson, you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and imagination to push the boundaries of what´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.
What happens once you apply?
Click Here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like.
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that's why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team. Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more. If you need assistance or to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com
The health, safety and well-being of our employees is our priority. Successful applicants will be required to disclose their vaccination status prior to employment. Except for those positions designated as 100% remote, successful applicants who did not provide the required proof of vaccination will be required to test weekly and wear masks at all Ericsson and customer facilities. This includes employees with medical or religious exemptions with testing as an accommodation. Compliance with government and customer requirements regarding vaccination may preclude unvaccinated applicants from employment for a particular job.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position, and you may be required to perform additional job tasks as assigned.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || United States : Washington : Bellevue