Qualcomm Technologies Netherlands B.V.Job Area
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Machine Learning EngineeringGeneral Summary
At Qualcomm XR labs Europe, we’re a passionate team of engineers who want to change the world through virtual and augmented reality products and technologies. We develop state-of-the-art computer vision, deep learning, and graphics solutions to deliver ultra-optimized, power-efficient software and hardware to enable the intelligent perception of the world around us.
Our XR Labs engineers work on data acquisition and deep learning and computer vision models for self-perception including head tracking, hand gestures and tracking, as well as world perception where we apply 3D reconstruction and understanding of objects and environments including mapping and navigation. These algorithms allow intelligent head-worn XR devices to perform high-level perception functions. We design, prototype, optimize for Snapdragon XR2 and AR2 SoCs, and productize these algorithms through Snapdragon Spaces platform.
Qualcomm XR Labs Europe is rapidly expanding and seeking innovators who will create the new digital world. We have state-of-the-art facilities in Austria, France, the Netherlands, and Spain.This position can be based in Amsterdam, Paris or Bordeaux
Critical “Must Have” Skills/experience For Role
- Candidates bring a deep understanding of computer vision and machine learning algorithms and technologies that are necessary building blocks of our perception systems.
- Interactive, real-time, and immersive systems, including hand tracking, pose estimation, object detection, sensor fusion and mathematical optimization
- Experience in systems design and implementations for real-time embedded and mobile platforms
- Be part of a world-class XR team researching and developing mobile Augmented and Virtual Reality enabling technology
- Development of efficient and accurate computer vision and machine learning solutions for XR hand tracking tasks
- Understand and analyze requirements for perception systems for XR platforms
- Collaborate across functional boundaries in defining architecture, APIs, design and schedule
- See your design in action on industry-leading chips embedded in the next generation of AR and VR devices, smartphones, and robotics
Preferred Skills/experience For Role
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Strong knowledge of Python, code best practices and version control systems
- Strong understanding of 2D computer vision methods and math for deep learning including state-of-the-art backbones and methods, quantization, mathematical optimization
- Strong understanding of machine learning algorithms and deep networks used in computer vision
- Experience using modern deep learning toolboxes (e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow), machine learning pipelines, model evaluation and data visualization
- Good understanding and strong knowledge in algorithms and statistics
- Good understanding and experience in math function optimization
- Be able to stay on top of state-of-the-art approaches
- Experience with C++
- Experience with 3D Geometry
- Experience with AWS / Azure / GCP
- Experience with BigData / Distributed computing in real time and offline
- Experience with visual descriptor training, matching neural networks training, image retrieval/search task, segmentation
- Experience of delivering reliable ML models to the production
- Experience in software development, incl. testing and debugging on XR devices, mobile platforms or other embedded systems
Take a Peek Behind The Curtain
- Required: Master degree or PhD
- Study domains: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Applied Math, Machine Learning
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field and 2+ years of Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related work experience.
Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field and 1+ year of Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related work experience.
PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field.
- References to a particular number of years experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfill the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies.
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
Qualcomm expects its employees to abide by all applicable policies and procedures, including but not limited to security and other requirements regarding protection of Company confidential information and other confidential and/or proprietary information, to the extent those requirements are permissible under applicable law.To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies
: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.3055266