Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we work closely with clients to embrace a transformational approach aimed at benefiting all stakeholders—empowering organizations to grow, build sustainable competitive advantage, and drive positive societal impact.
Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives that question the status quo and spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting, technology and design, and corporate and digital ventures. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, fueled by the goal of helping our clients thrive and enabling them to make the world a better place.
Practice Area Profile
BCG X.AI (Data Science) combines innovative skills in computer science, artificial intelligence, statistics, and machine learning with deep industry expertise. The BCG X.AI (Data Science) team is comprised of world-class data scientists and business consultants who specialize in the use of advanced analytics to get breakthrough business results. Our teams own the full analytics value-chain end to end: framing new business challenges, building fact-bases, designing innovative algorithms, creating scale through designing tools and apps, and training colleagues and clients in new solutions.
Here at BCG X.AI, you’ll have the chance to work with clients in every BCG region and every industry area. We are also a core member of a rapidly growing analytics enterprise at BCG - a constellation of teams focused on driving practical results for BCG clients by applying leading edge analytics approaches, data, and technology.
What You'll Do
We are seeking a strong candidate with advanced analytics experience to fill an exciting Lead Data Scientist (LDS) position within BCG X.AI. The LDS is a valuable expert in Data Science and Analytics and will design and build analytics methodologies, solutions, and products to deliver value to BCG's clients in collaboration with case teams. Exceptional candidates will also show an analytical curiosity, going beyond the immediate requirements of the project to find deep insights that others have missed. They will ask questions about outliers, seek to understand the fundamental drivers of advantage and look for clues that may change the basis of competition.
The LDS will be involved in all aspects of advanced analytics, from helping to create relevant products and service offerings by working with priority global Practice Areas, to leading and executing analytics work and continuing to expand the analytical foundation and competitive value proposition. The LDS will collaborate directly client and wider BCG case teams and will manage the analytics components of client deliverables. The LDS is responsible for clarifying initial objectives, setting up analytics work plan and methodology, organizing the data scientist members of the team, quality assurance, and managing scope and work planning throughout the project.
The LDS is expected to provide mentoring, coaching, and career development to (senior) analytics associate and data scientist team members on both a formal and informal basis.
As the field of advanced analytics is rapidly evolving, the LDS is responsible for staying current on leading-edge business applications, tools and approaches, proactively working with the Analytics
Leadership to enhance offerings that deliver competitive advantage to BCG.
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- Candidate should hold Bachelor’s Degree in Technology/ Economics/ Statistics from Tier 1 school OR Master’s degree in Management/ Economics/ Statistics from Tier 1 schools with 9+ years of relevant industry work experience providing advanced analytics solutions strongly preferred.
- PhD or other Advanced degree required in a field linked to business analytics, statistics or geo- statistics, operations research, geography, applied mathematics, computer science, engineering, or related field.
- Looking for individuals with deep technical and data science expertise, acute strategic and analytical skills, ability to lead and persuade, drive and energy, and desire to work in a project based environment on strategic issues.
- Strong record of professional accomplishment and leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage projects and teams.
- Fast-paced, intellectually intense, service- oriented environment
- Position is located in either Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi-NCR or Bengaluru
- Expect up to 40 - 75% of time spent traveling