Small businesses uplift communities and anchor local economies, while creating opportunities for themselves, their families, their employees, and our neighborhoods. Yet entrepreneurs who are people of color, women, and immigrants often struggle to secure capital and resources, as they are systematically shut out from traditional financing.
Accion Opportunity Fund is an unparalleled financial support system that provides these small business owners with access to capital, networks, and coaching. We work to build inclusive and accessible options for these determined business owners. For over 25 years we have served a client base that is nearly 90% women, people of color, or immigrants.
In addition to providing resources and loans to small businesses, we also conduct original research, advocate for policy changes, and finance community construction projects in low-income neighborhoods through our New Markets Tax Credit program.
Together, we are building a diverse, vibrant community where opportunity, knowledge, and access to capital are within reach.
For more information about us, visit https://aofund.org/
Reportto the Senior Director, Analytics and Business Intelligence, we are looking for a talented, enthusiastic, and results-drivenSenior AnalyticsData Scientist tojoin our growing team of analytics experts who will be responsible for respondingto analytics requests, managing data assets, developing predictive andforecasting analytics solutions in support of the organization’s lendingdecisioning across all aspects of Growth, Marketing, Sales, Product, Credit, Operationsand Finance.
Theideal candidate should have strong academic background in predictive modelling,have great sense of data, be experienced in data mining and predictive solutionsdevelopment for lending and financial services industry, with particularly deepexpertise in scorecard development and scorecard lifecycle management, spanninginception, data preparation, development, validation, strategy design, implementation,and monitoring. The candidate is experienced at gathering, incorporating, and integratingbusiness knowledge and expertise from Risk, Product, Operations, IT, andCompliance managers for the solutions design and development. The candidate is anavid and quick learner of new concepts, skills, and technologies, with strongability to productionalize basic and advanced analytic solutions.
AccionOpportunity Fund has an analytics environment that encourages openness ofdiscussion, knowledge exchange, constant learning, and pursuit of intellectualcuriosity. We encourage analytics development based on deep understanding ofthe intricacies of the evolving customer segments, loan product lines and theirlife cycle, and build advanced analytics solutions that drive businessdecisions, actions, and results.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
- Designand develop application and account behavior scorecards and predictive modelsfor acquisition and account risk management. Develop scorecards and predictive model’s lifecyclemanagement infrastructure including solutions design, data preparation,development, validation, strategy design, implementation, and monitoring.
- Driveactionable analytics insights development for continuous enhancement of lendingbusiness management in all aspects of credit risk, policy and strategy, marketingand sales, account behavior and collections.
- Developcredit loss forecasting infrastructures through credit risk modeling, lossforecasting, and incorporation of accounting standards for portfolio lifetimeloss and regulatory compliance management.
- Developmonitoring and reporting infrastructure for analytics solutions tracking, validation,fine tuning, and redevelopment lifecycle management.
- Workwith Risk, Product, Operations, Finance, IT, and Compliance managers for gathering,incorporating, and integrating business knowledge and expertise in designing anddeveloping analytics solutions.
- Serveas an expert consultant to senior management on highly complex issues.
- Workwith the executive team to match communications strategies with organizationalstrategies and objectives.
- Learnand understand the business in detail and educate the organization in the useand understanding of analytics and data.
- Performother analytics, machine learning or data mining duties using basic to advancedapproaches. Handle complex solutions delivery initiatives.
Highlyqualified candidates will share Opportunity Fund’s commitment to its missionand will embody the organization’s core values bringing a broad range of skillsand experience including, but not limited to:
- 5+years of experience. Highly skilled in data processing, scorecard, andpredictive model development with strong analytical, conceptual, andquantitative problem-solving skills.
- Bachelors,Master or Ph.D. Degree, preferably in a quantitative area such as statistics,mathematics, computer science, engineering, and economics.
- Knowledgeof the lending business with knowledge of small business lending a plus.
- Knowledgeof external credit/alternative data for assessing credit outcomes a plus.
- Knowledgeand experience of new accounting and regulatory rules (e.g. CECL) a plus.
- Soundproject management skills.
- Excellentcommunication and influencing skills.
- Abilityto manage multiple concurrent and competing priorities.
- Abilityto identify key issues, resolving and communicating the issues cross-functionally.
- Proficiencywith SQL. Highly skilled in at least one of the following: Python, SAS, or R.
Perks & Benefits
Our mission is what motivates us to come to work each day. We know that happy employees are productive employees, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- An environment that values work-life balance.
- 100% company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability coverage for employees (Based upon your plan selection). 90% company-funded dependent coverage (Based upon your plan selection).
- Voluntary benefits with payroll deduction for Supplemental Life & AD&D insurance, Auto/Renters/Homeowners insurance, Pet Insurance, and Legal plans.
- Tax deferred & Roth 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match. Employer match increases with tenure.
- Paid vacation days (increased with tenure), 12 paid holidays, and 10 Sick days, and family leave days per year.
- This is a fully REMOTE (work from home) position.
Diversecandidates are encouraged to apply, especially BIPOC.
Accion Opportunity Fund is an EqualOpportunity Employer. aofund.org