We are looking for a Data Scientist who will collaborate with our analytics and data engineering teams to collect, analyze, and derive insights from company, client and publicly available data. The ideal candidate must be able to understand business problems, design analytical approach, have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building, and implementing models, supervised and unsupervised learning, NLP, feature reduction, cluster analysis, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. The candidate must be able to integrate with cross functional teams and manage stakeholders.
Essential Duties And Functions
- Design and execute test plans, scenarios, and cases using tools such as Jira and Azure DevOps Test Plan
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to automate features for better coverage
- Perform manual and automated testing, including exploratory, system, regression, compatibility, and integration testing
- Document test procedures, analysis, and results
- Build and maintain manual test suites and automated scripts, including a tiered regression suite
- Participate in daily standup, iteration planning, and release planning sessions
- Report software defects using a tracking system and monitor their resolution
- Contribute to creating and maintaining QA engineering practices and standards
- Coach and mentor other QA analysts and engineers
- Follow established HIPAA, compliance, and security policies.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, And Skills
- Masters-level degree in Data Science/Applied Mathematics/computer science (specialized in machine learning/Artificial Intelligence)/Statistics or closely related field with data science specialization
- 5+ years of relevant work experience including 3 years of statistical modeling and data mining using large and complex datasets. Experience with healthcare and/or insurance data is a plus
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Experience in statistical modeling techniques such as linear regression, logistic regression, cluster analysis, feature reduction etc.
- Experience with fuzzy-logic matching algorithms used for matching records across disparate data sources.
- The candidate must have exceptionally strong data cleansing, organizing, analyzing, and visualization skills; experience with PowerBI is a plus
- Experience working with cloud analytic platforms on AWS, Azure, Google Cloud using PySpark, Sagemaker, Synapse Analytics, etc.
- Aptitude in performing multiple tasks and dealing with changing deadline requirements. This includes knowing when to escalate issues. Maintains a focused, flexible, organized, and proactive manner.
- Strong analytical , problem-solving skills, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate results and insights in a clear, concise manner to the business.
- 3-5 Years of Python experience for this Data Scientist position
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects in daily work use (laptop, monitors, et. al). Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Use of keyboards (typing) and exposure to computer screens occurs daily. Pleasant work environment in office locations with occasional noise or dust.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; think; and talk or hear (multi-channel, two-way communication during work hours is required).
As a leading payments company in healthcare, we guide, price, explain, and pay for care on behalf of insurers and their members. We’re Zelis in our pursuit to align the interests of payers, providers, and consumers to deliver a better financial experience and more affordable, transparent care for all. We partner with more than 700 payers, including the top-5 national health plans, BCBS insurers, regional health plans, TPAs and self-insured employers, over 4 million providers, and 100 million members, enabling the healthcare industry to pay for care, with care. Zelis brings adaptive technology, a deeply ingrained service culture, and a comprehensive navigation through adjudication and payment platform to manage the complete payment process.
Zelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
SCAM ALERT: There is an active nationwide employment scam which is now using Zelis to garner personal information or financial scams. This site is secure, and any applications made here are with our legitimate partner. If you’re contacted by a Zelis Recruiter, please ensure whomever is contacting you truly represents Zelis Healthcare. We will never asked for the exchange of any money or credit card details during the recruitment process. Please be aware of any suspicious email activity from people who could be pretending to be recruiters or senior professionals at Zelis.