The Data Engineer supports the implementation of data structure and architecture, master/meta-data management approach and data quality programme to facilitate access to data and information. He/She support the design, implementation and maintenance of data flow channels and data processing systems that support the collection, storage, batch and real-time processing, and analysis of information from structured and unstructured sources in a scalable, repeatable and secure manner on on-premise or commercial cloud. He/She implements data management standards and practices.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work with stakeholders to understand needs for data structure, availability, scalability and accessibility
- Support translation of data business needs into technical system requirements
- Identify opportunities for improvements and optimisation
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Develop tools to improve data flows between internal/external systems and the data lake/warehouse
- Build robust and reproducible data ingest pipelines to collect, clean, harmonise, merge and consolidate data sources
- Design and build API gateways to expose data to systems via secure means
- Integrate and collate data sources with data systems, with compliance to data security and organisational governance standards
- Implement critical data infrastructure on cloud including AWS EC2, S3, EMR, Redshift, Workspaces
- Contribute to defining data retention policies
- Degree, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Seven (7) years’ experience in an IT Infrastructure / Operations Role
- Experience with Cloud platforms (IaaS, PaaS)
- Operating system administration and related services (Windows Server, Linux)
- Infrastructure-as-code and cloud automation (APIs, Cloudformation, Chef, Ansible, Puppet)
- DevOps development and platform support (Docker, Container Services)
- Experience with programming / scripting (Batch, VB, PowerShell)
- Networking experience and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, DHCP)
- The ability to work towards strict and conflicting deadlines be able to plan and prioritise in an environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal skills, a detail-oriented & flexible person who can work across different areas within the team.
- A good understanding of Singapore Healthcare System.
- Familiarity or experience with health informatics would be preferred.
- An understanding of healthcare data governance, data acquisition and data management would be an advantage
NOTE: It only takes a few minutes to apply for a meaningful career in HealthTech - GO FOR IT!!