- You'll start as part of the Metadata team, which is responsible for creating a central knowledge graph for all our content. As we are dealing with various content types like movies, series, podcasts and more, this task involves a diverse set of data sources with varying semantics.
- You will apply machine learning and other techniques to better understand the semantics of our content and to derive useful new information for our knowledge graph. Our work enables other teams like recommendation and search to improve their products and to provide the best experience for our customers.
- Work closely with data scientists, infrastructure engineers, product owners and other stakeholders to deliver the central knowledge graph
- You will implement data pipelines for stream and batch processing that feed our knowledge graph and build our machine learning models
- You will Increase the coverage of our knowledge graph by integrating new internal and external data sources
- You will design and implement algorithms to derive new information and infer new connections
- You will implement measures to improve reliability and performance of the knowledge graph infrastructure
- You will participate in our overall mission at RTL Data by sharing your expert knowledge regarding knowledge graphs, architecture, and ML Ops
- You will work in an agile, international environment
- You will work with the tech stack Google Cloud Platform, Graph Databases, Python
- Degree in computer science or a related field
- 2+ years of experience working as a Data Engineer
- Solid skills in programming with Python and knowledge of software engineering principles
- Experience developing scalable data pipelines with Spark, Beam or related technologies
- Experience with knowledge representation, query languages (RDF, SPARQL) and graph databases
- Experience with at least one cloud, GCP is a plus
- Interest or experience in Deep Learning machine learning and Natural Language processing techniques
- Interest or experience in Infrastructure-as-Code and Kubernetes
- You enjoy working in an agile team, like to get involved, think out of the box and are keen to tackle new topics
- Good English skills complete your profile
We welcome applications from people who contribute to the diversity & sustainability of our company.
Using content, tech and data to create sustainable success.
At RTL Deutschland, we entertain, inform and inspire millions of people every day across multiple platforms with our strong media brands, content and products. As part of RTL Group, we offer many possibilities: from TV and streaming to print, digital, radio and podcasts. Here, over 8,000 creatives, strategists, techies, numerical geniuses and organisational wizards work towards the same goal.
Do you value team spirit and a hands-on mentality? Do you want to grow beyond yourself and be part of our diverse team? Do you value a trusting working atmosphere? Are you looking for the freedom to implement your ideas and develop your strengths?
Then join us in shaping the future of Germany's leading entertainment company.
- At RTL Data you will work in a modern start-up atmosphere in agile teams and get the opportunity to implement your ideas.
- A complete package including mobile office, flexible working hours, vacation pay and 30 vacation days per year is waiting for you
- We secure you - with very good social benefits such as pension plan, disability and accident insurance, value account and much more
- Our locations are always centrally located and equipped with the latest technology. Whether you come by bike or by car - a free parking space is waiting for you at our broadcasting center in Cologne-Deutz
- A dedicated team will take care of your regular training and development opportunities - both professionally and personally
- Save money with a variety of employee discounts, including a free RTL+ subscription and Gruner+Jahr Plus products
- We don't have a dress code - but we still leave the beach outfit at home
- We're also very good at toasting and celebrating - preferably together at Christmas parties, summer parties, team events or carnivals
I am looking forward to your application.