In an exciting, international and fast-paced work environment, you will be given challenging and diverse opportunities every day. You will work closely with the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and fellow Engineers, collaborate on building a new, high caliber development team responsible for all core technology build out (all stack tiers) for the Hyphen Group platforms to be deployed in markets across Asia.
- Helping to implement the data pipelines and infrastructure at Hyphen Group
- Applying sound data engineering principles to improve the financial lives of our customers
- Supporting a data-driven culture by building democratic, self-service data management and analysis tools with data privacy and governance as primary design goals
- Engaging with data stakeholders (including application engineers, management teams, business analysts and data scientists) as a subject matter expert on data engineering practices and the application of data science to complex business problems
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- 5+ years professional experience developing high quality code in one or more of Java, Scala or Python
- 5+ years professional experience with data-wrangling and visualization with relational and non-relational databases
- Professional experience designing and implementing critical path data pipelines and scalable data lake architectures, ideally within a cloud platform
- Professional experience working across the data engineering and data science technology landscape such as Pandas, Spark, Jupyter, Snowflake, Kubeflow and data visualization using Notebooks and Metabase
- Experience with the implementation and deployment of machine learning in the areas of customer lifetime value, marketing personalization and product recommendation
- Experience deploying predictive modeling and statistical analysis techniques to build end-to-end production-ready solutions with associated monitoring, quality control and metadata capture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What can you expect from us?
- Impact: We are actively empowering and connecting people to a better financial future. Join us if you want to help us achieve our mission.
- Work: We have a team of over 350 talented individuals in 6 markets who are hyper passionate about building innovative financial solutions and making an impact on people’s lives.
- Culture: We take our work seriously but don’t hesitate to keep things light. We can only create magic when we have a little bit of fun.
- Thrive: We launched in 2014 and fast-forward 7 years we now help over 10 million monthly users make the best financial decisions. Accelerate your career and become a pioneer in your field with a leading fintech company that seeks to push the boundaries of your imagination and is committed to growing your career.
- Reputation: We are backed by world-class organizations and companies and have raised over US$110 million from investors including Experian, Pacific Century Group, IFC - a member of the World Bank Group
Hyphen Group is an equal opportunity employer. We value, support and respect all individuals and is committed to maintaining an inclusive and diverse working environment. Decisions in hiring are based on business needs, requirements of the job and individual qualifications and shall not be influenced by any consideration of race, ethnic or national origin, religion, sex (including gender identity and/or expression), age, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or other applicable legally protected characteristics.