At VU, we help Veterans buy homes. To make that happen we are hiring for Data Engineer. As a Data Engineer, you’ll work with a team of experts to build data pipelines, facilitating the delivery of innovative solutions to our Analysts, Data Scientists, and other teams across the business.
Job duties will vary upon assignment but may include:
- Thoroughly and quickly analyze business requirements, translating them into a good technical data design, including conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
- Partner with Product Owners and other Data Engineers to refine business requirements.
- Use the latest tools to build data solutions that deliver the highest quality data to stakeholders.
- Support, develop and maintain technical specification documentation.
- Constantly strive to improve data accuracy and organization.
We’re looking for someone who can be passionate about their job and have fun doing it, who will deliver results with integrity, and who enjoys finding ways to enhance the lives of others every day.
We’ll also want to know you can demonstrate these attributes:
- Ability to manage time and multitask.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proven ability to learn new concepts, tools, languages and techniques quickly.
- Excel in fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Thrive in a highly collaborative work setting.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies.
- Experience collaborating and gathering requirements from both technical and business-facing teams.
- Proficiency in at least one ETL toolset (ideally, SSIS)
- Experience with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Oozie, Presto, Kafka, etc.);
- Experience with a programming language(C#, Java, Python, etc).
- Experience working with, or understanding of, document databases (MongoDB, CouchDB, etc).
- Familiarity and experience with ERWIN or similar data modeling software.
- Experience with Team Foundation Services or other change management software.
- Proficient in developing complex SQL queries and designing efficient databases and tables in a relational DBMS (Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL preferred).
- Proven background of ETL development, including data warehousing and reporting architectures.
- Working knowledge of common data visualization/reporting tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc.).
Veterans United is the nation’s #1 VA lender and over 97% of our customers would recommend us. This may sound like a brag but it's only possible because we have a team of talented and committed employees working hard, every day, to make a difference for the people we serve; the men and women who sacrificed for our country. We find it’s easy to give your best when you serve the brave.
Veterans United and its affiliates are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected classifications. Some roles may require licensure upon hire.