Código de referência:
Escritório de referência:
Especialização de referência:
Digital & Tecnologias de Informação (IT)
We are looking for a Big Data Engineer to join the IT team of our client – a multinational company specialized in the Telecom sector (permanent/direct contract).
You will be part of the local commercial Big Data & AI team, directly reporting to the Head of Big Data. You will gather, ingest, transform, clean and load all relevant data sources into a usable format for Data Scientist to later query them, apply transformations and prepare them to create data science models supported by Machine Learning algorithms.
What will be your main tasks and responsibilities?
- Designs, constructs, installs, tests and maintains highly scalable data management systems, to business requirements and industry practices through the application of data modelling, data warehousing and data manipulation techniques and standards;
- Builds and deploys individual datasets for further modeling based on commercial and/or analytical requirements by extracting, loading and transforming data from different sources;
- Supports integration of new data sources into shared data environment;
- Builds high-performance algorithms, prototypes, predictive models and proof of concepts, translating business requirements into concrete data engineering tasks;
- Researches opportunities for data acquisition and new uses for existing data;
- Develops data set processes for data modelling, mining and production
- Integrates new data management technologies and software engineering tools into existing structures
- Creates custom software components and analytics applications;
- Employs a variety of languages and tools (e.g. scripting languages) to marry systems together;
- Recommends ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality;
- Collaborates with data architects, modellers and IT team members on project goals;
- Designs, develops and maintains programmes (e.g. written in Python, Scala, Java) and creates reports and dashboards.
What will be required from you?
- Bachelor’s in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or other similar area;
- Experience in Software Engineering with Agile/DevOps ways of working and using concepts such as TDD, BDD and automation;
- Ability to acquire, aggregate, map, maintain and convert data from one format or structure to another supporting data transformation and integration activities so that data is usable by a new program or system;
- Experience in Data Modelling with ability to structure, integrate and organize data to create and extend data models for an information system by applying certain formal techniques typically implemented in a database management system;
- Experience in testing and evaluation to define the test strategy to validate that the developed system/service meets business requirements and customer explicit and implicit need;
- Experience with design, write, debug and maintain the source code of application programmes.
- Experience with automation processes and tools;
- Good communication skills and interpersonal relationships;
- Fluency in English both written and spoken.
QiBit is a recruitment company specialized in Information and Communications Technologies, who belongs to the multinational Gi Group. Our team works daily to connect companies and candidates, developing a close relationship with both.