Are you excited by designing and developing high volume, highly available AWS based cloud services for Fortune 500 companies? Do you love diving deep into technologies such as microservices/APIs, database design, or data architecture?
We are building a mixed discipline team at a world-class company that is providing incredible value for our customers. We are extremely customer focused, engaged in building an authentic, low-drama team, open and candid and sincerely practicing ‘disagree and commit’, constantly learning and improving, with a focused, get-it-done attitude about our commitments.
A successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment. We expect and encourage accountability, responsibility, and innovation from team members and ask you to make substantial contributions to the architectural and technical direction of the product and company.
SolarWinds is seeking an experienced and senior hands-on data engineer and software developer who has “been there and done that” to help take our product to the next level. We are designing and building our next-generation system for continuous high volume data storage, analysis, and presentation. You are key in defining the strategy and tactics of how we store and process a high volume of time series performance metrics and other data we capture from our customers' database servers.
Our platform is written in Go and hosted entirely on the AWS cloud. It currently uses Kafka, Redis, and MySQL technologies among others. We are a DevOps organization and we practice small, fast cycles of rapid improvement and full exposure to the entire infrastructure, but we don't take anything to extremes.
- Experience developing and extending a SaaS multi-tenant application
- Domain expert in scalable, highly available data storage, scaling, organization, formats, security, reliability, etc.
- Capable of deep technical understanding and discussion of databases, software and service design, systems, and storage
- Expertise in problem solving and analyzing large scale distributed systems and critical production service environments
- 7+ years of experience in distributed software systems design and development
- 7+ years of professional experience programming with C++, Java, C#, or Golang
- 7+ years of experience designing and hands-on implementation and maintenance of data pipelines at big data scale, employing a wide variety of big data technologies, as well as cleaning and organizing data to be reliable and usable
- Experience designing and maintaining highly complex data infrastructures
- Mastery of relational database concepts including a strong knowledge of SQL and of technologies such as MySQL, Postgres
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and translate customer needs into leading-edge technology
- Collaborative with a passion for highly effective teams and development processes
- Master’s degree in Computer Science
- Experience designing and deploying solutions with no-SQL technologies such as Mongo, DynamoDB
- 3+ years of experience with AWS including a variety of different ingestion technologies, processing frameworks, storage engines and understand of the tradeoffs between them
- Experience with Linux systems administration and enterprise security