Who We Are
Today's exciting business environment is more than that - it's a period of disruption between the pandemic, global business change and internal process complexity. For us to focus on simplicity and the best customer experience, we need great talent, and the right abilities to be successful. This is now a mantra for our Cisco leadership team and for our team.
The Digital Enterprise Solutions team is changing the way we run Cisco's operations by improving technology, the best of business processes and superior data insights. Together, we will Reinvent the Cisco experience. Show the world how to Re-Invent applications and leverage the future of the Internet to showcase the power of Cisco: our people, products, processes, systems, and data. Please join us and make this journey together!
What We Do
The Chief Data and Analytics Office (CDAO) is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. We move fast, iterating quickly on big business problems and enabling data inter-connectivity, platforms and data access across Cisco and its many business entities. Data engineering efforts are instrumental in further growing our market share and enabling best-in-class customer experience for our internal and external partners. Every day, we ingest millions of events / rows of data about our customers, their interactions, the services we provide to them, and the millions of Cisco devices across the planet powering and connectivity globally. This data is also what drives our business strategies and decisions enterprise wide.
Who You Will Work With
You will report to a Leader, Data & Analytics within Chief Data Analytics Office. We work with a team of passionate and highly motivated data architects and data analysts, and a multi-functional team of IT guides, service owners, and functional leaders. We work in a dynamic environment that is highly collaborative and motivated to make Cisco an extraordinary place to work.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for coordinating one distinct capability area within the data and analytics office, owning the end-to-end strategy and delivery of those activities.
- Work with technology organization and business end-users to understand data and analysis needs and develop technical requirements.
- Analyze complex issues using data from varied sources to provide insight to decision-makers. Identifies and interprets datasets to locate influences.
- Establish single point of engagement for business data needs, promoting products offerings, for innovating and scaling critical business priorities.
- Oversee design, build, and test for all facets of Data Products, (federated data, pipelines, transformations, publish & visualizations) following an Agile methodology
- Design, build, own and publish agile Data Products that are discoverable, addressable, trustworthy, self-describing, inter-operable and secure
- Use data visualization programs, tools and techniques to generate dashboards, reports and presentations that aid in data storytelling, understanding and interpretation of trends and patterns of business importance
- Build an integrated and foundational data and analytics engine (SSOT) with shared multi-tenant data platforms, across Cisco’s ecosystem
- Maintain trusted secure enterprise data sets, with governed data discovery, fine grained access and pipelines.
- Provide data insights and expertise across the Enterprise
- Lead the organization’s effort to develop and improve operations through efficient and effective integrated processes, implementing common management processes/services to leverage organization resources.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or related technical field
- 6+ years of progressive experience in engineering or related field
- 4+ years managing software engineering teams in consumer Web or SaaS products
- Experience must include large scale data platform and/or infrastructure management. Experience with public cloud providers such as Google (GCP) and Amazon (AWS) is a plus.
- Experienced with various data visualization and business intelligence tools, as well as experience with end-to-end data lifecycle journey
- Familiarity with data storage, processing and modeling techniques
- Experience leading a geographically distributed software engineering organization comprising multiple teams
- Deep technical background that allows you to advocate for and support your engineers and scientists
- Effective presentation skills for delivering complex technical information
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, ambitious steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.