A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
As a Data Scientist, you will be the catalyst for the data revolution, creating solutions that involve the unprecedented use of high dimension cross-functional data leveraging the rich data trove. Although you may go beyond the basics to achieve your goals, you can still easily convey the benefits of your work to the business and customers.
You are not afraid to learn and you are always seeking to understand not only about the latest machine learning algorithms but also on the rich business data and how to leverage for customer solutions. You work closely with Data Engineers to leverage the power of the rich data trove and to industrialize bring your solutions.
The Data Scientist is required to work closely with business line managers and product owners to understand their needs and to build the most optimal solution for Wabco’s customers.
- Accountable for building data products (either in the form of analytical data, simple applications or dashboards) which have the right amount of business and statistical robustness
- Actively participate and assist product manager/product owners to define vision & roadmap
- Actively participate and assist product development teams.
- Develop proofs-of-concept to prove new techniques
- Interact with data engineering to maintain and improve the data products relevance
- Follow guidelines to ensure quality, security and legal compliance of the robust and high sustainable code
Skills & Experience
- Quantitative Master's degree with strong statistical and computational background (Ph.D. desirable).
- 3+ years of real problems hands-on data science experience
- Must have a passion for finding optimal customer-centric solutions.
- Require an outstanding analytical mindset
- Quick learner with an open mindset.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Proven expert on data science topics such as bagging, boosting, recommendation systems, forecasting, matrix decomposition, and clustering.
- Excellent knowledge in statistics and design of experiments
- Expert knowledge in python data science libraries such as sklearn, statsmodels, fbprophet, keras
- Excellent knowledge in notebooks (databricks, jupyter, zeppelin...) and some scripting
- Highly proficient in Parquet file formats
- Previous exposure with Big Data platforms such as Cloudera, GCP or Databricks
- Highly proficient in Spark (either Pyspark or Scala)
- Proficient in at least one data visualization tool such as Tableau, Spotfire, PowerBI
- Expert knowledge with SQL/no-SQL Databases
- Comfortable with conducting and accepting feedback from code reviews.
- Experience in dealing with Linux terminal
- Experience with AWS Cloud
- Previous experience working with GIT
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- Knowledge of Deep Learning
- Mastery of development methodologies & lean principles to create world-class software
- Experience with REST APIs and Microservices.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)