- Temporary employment and/or secondment up until 29 August 2025
- 35 hour working week, in a hybrid working environment
- Want to work in a flexible and hybrid working model that helps the broader community?
An opportunity exists to be part of a team during a transition phase to create analytics from a new data warehouse.
About This Role
The Senior Data Analyst will be our lead member responsible for working with various systems including a data warehouse, transforming data into information using bespoke analytical applications such as PowerBI and/or Qlik and have a high level of SQL experience. The Senior Data Analyst will be able to obtain data from various sources, including Health Information Exchange and Enterprise Data Warehouse and merge into one application to enable business analysts to answer questions efficiently.
Clerk Grade 9/10,
commencing salary from $120,859 - $133,183 plus Super and annual leave loading.
For more information, read the full Role Description.
What You'll Be Doing
This role requires you to work both individually and in a team environment.
You Will Be Required To
- Design, build and maintain a bespoke analytical application that answer business questions from various sources including Enterprise Data Warehouse and Health Information Exchange.
- Review data to ascertain the quality of the information
- Engage with peers in the Local Health Districts, networks and non-government organisations to resolve data quality or process issues.
- Experience in SQL, PowerBI and Qlik and an ability to communicate technical language to a non-technical audience is desirable
How To Apply
All applicants must review the role description and apply by submitting an up-to-date resume (up to 5 pages) and cover letter (1-2 pages) AND answer the target questions below
- What are some considerations you think are important when analysing a new dataset for the first time?
- How would you design a process to transform large volumes of data from multiple data sources and aggregate the results in an efficient way?
Closing Date: Sunday 1 October 2023
For role related queries or questions contact Elvis Maio on Elvis.Maio@health.nsw.gov.au or 9391 9488.
If we can make some adjustments to the recruitment/interview process, then please contact Stephanie Nastevska on Stephanie.Nastevska@health.nsw.gov.au
Working at The Ministry of Health
The Ministry of Health promotes a CORE set of values, created by employees for employees to inspire positive interactions in the workplace. Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment.
The position is located in St Leonards, in a modern, purpose-built building within an activity-based working environment. The office boasts many great facilities and includes various types of workspaces, promoting collaboration through co-locating with other health agencies. Close to public transport, cafés and local amenities.
What We Offer
The Ministry of Health offers its employees a range of benefits and opportunities to help you succeed in your role, with opportunities for career progression, learning, development and work-life balance. You will have access to support networks, employee assistance programs, and flexible work arrangements. To learn more about the Ministry and what benefits we offer, access our Employee Benefits Handbook .
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Ministry of Health is an equal opportunity employer. We actively promote the employment of women, people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTIQ+ community and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
Join our team and be a part of shaping the future of Health in New South Wales.
If you identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and would like assistance with your application or to obtain more information on how to apply please visit The Stepping Up Initiative.
To be eligible for employment in these roles you must be an Australian citizen, or a permanent resident, or a New Zealand citizen, or hold a valid visa with permission to work in Australia.
- This recruitment may be used to create a Talent Pool for similar future roles (ongoing or temporary) that may arise over the next 18 months.
- This is a temporary role and there may be opportunities for ongoing employment at grade
- For more information on applying visit the Ministry of Health Career portal
- Please note the selection process will include a range of comparative assessment techniques to assist in determining your suitability for the role
Considering the significant risks posed by COVID-19, the Ministry of Health expects all workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and you will be required to show proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status prior to securing this role.
Closing Date: 11:59pm Sunday 1 October 2023