We offer a flexible working policy that supports the health and well-being of our iManage employees. As an organization, we value collaborating and learning from our peers in person, while providing the necessary flexibility for our employees to have a meaningful work-life balance. Please reach out to learn more.
Being a Senior Data Engineer at iManage Means
You are excited about data and believe in the democratization of data to support data driven decision-making. You will partner with our Information Technology team to implement, support, and extend our Enterprise Data Lake hosted on Azure and built using Azure Synapse. You will gather requirements from iManage business units and craft solutions which provide access to critical business data. You will develop data models and data pipelines for our Enterprise Data Lake, and provide integration with BI platforms and tools such as Totango and Power BI. You are passionate about lakehouse architecture and have experience using Delta Lake and bronze, silver, and gold data lake design.Here is what one of our leaders, Cloud Services Director (Jacqueline Toepfer), has to say about the role:
“As a Senior Data Engineer on our team, you will get the opportunity to showcase your expertise and make a real difference across the organization. You will be part of a truly collaborative team that is passionate about delivering quality solutions. You will be the in-house expert in the data models of multiple, disparate enterprise SaaS systems and utilize your wealth of knowledge to provide recommendations and solutions for consolidation, transformation, and integration of the disparate data sources.”iM Responsible For
iM Qualified Because I Have
- Modeling, managing, and reporting of data stored in Azure Data Lake.
- Gathering data requirements from various business units and translating these requirements into data models.
- Using Python, PySpark, and system specific APIs to extract, transform, store and analyze data from a variety of systems.
- Data modeling, defining data pipelines, and integrations necessary to present data in BI platforms such as Totango, or BI tools like Power BI.
- Identifying and modeling all current disparate data sources and the data flows between these data sources.
- Analyzing current repositories and proposing changes to data repositories and data flows to better support company objectives for the measurement of user experience and customer success.
- Understanding the business needs of data integration and governance from disparate systems to drive the enhancement of the enterprise data lake.
- Applying best practices to ensure the security and privacy of the data repositories.
- Ensuring data repositories meet company standards for storage of PII.
- Developing proficiency with the iManage product APIs for all iManage Cloud services.
Bonus Points If I Have
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent field.
- 3-5 years of experience working with data in a business setting.
- Proficiency in data extraction, manipulation, and subsequent reporting with Spark and Python.
- Experience designing data pipelines with a cloud-native mindset using Azure or AWS.
- Knowledge and experience with architecting a data lake with Azure Synapse or adjacent technologies like Databricks.
- Experience ingesting data from SaaS solutions and other services via API or other related technologies.
- A passion to be a thought leader and work collaboratively within a team.
- Commitment to understanding data requirements and delivering scalable, robust solutions that meet those requirements.
- A creative mindset with a desire to explore new technologies and create innovative solutions.
Don't meet every qualification listed above? Studies show that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all qualifications. At iManage, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment and encourage everyone to show up as their full authentic selves. We welcome those that come with a growth mindset and a hunger for learning; so, if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyways!
- Familiarity with Delta Lake.
- A background with relational databases and data warehouse design using star schemas.
- Experience with cloud-based data models for business solutions like Salesforce, Zendesk, and NetSuite.
iM Getting To
iManage Is Supporting Me By
- Join a supportive, experienced team with an inclusive, encouraging, and vibrant culture.
- Have flexible work hours that allow me to balance my ‘me time’ with my work commitments.
- Collaborate in a modern open plan workspace, with a gaming area, free snacks, drinks and regular social events.
- Focus on impactful work, solving complex, real challenges utilizing the latest technologies and protocols.
- Own my career path with our internal development framework. Ask us more about this!
- Learn new skills and earn certifications with access to unlimited courses in LinkedIn Learning.
- Join an innovative, industry leading SaaS company that is continuing to grow & scale!
- Creating an inclusive environment where I can help shape the culture not just by fitting in, but by adding to it.
- Providing a market competitive salary that is applied through a consistent process, equitable for all our employees, and regularly reviewed based on industry data.
- Rewarding me with an annual performance-based bonus.
- Offering comprehensive Health/Vision/Dental/Life Insurance, and a 401k Retirement Savings Plan with a company match up to 4%.
- Giving access to HealthJoy, a healthcare concierge service, to help me maximize my health benefits.
- Granting enhanced leave for expecting parents; 20 weeks 100% paid for primary leave, and 10 weeks 100% paid for secondary leave.
- Providing me with a flexible time off policy to take the time off that I need. Be it for vacation, volunteering, celebrating holidays, spending time with family, or simply taking time to recharge and reset.
- Caring for my mental health and well-being with multiple company wellness days and free access to the Healthy Minds app for mindfulness, meditation and more.
iManage is dedicated to Making Knowledge WorkTM. Over one million professionals across 65+ countries rely on our intelligent, cloud-enabled, secure knowledge work platform to uncover and activate the knowledge that exists inside their business content and communications.
We are continuously innovating to solve the most complex professional challenges and enable better business outcomes; Our work is not always easy but it is ambitious and rewarding.
So we’re looking for people who love a challenge. People who are happiest when they’re solving problems and collaborating with the industry’s best and brightest. That’s the iManage way. It’s how we do things that might appear impossible. How we develop our employees’ strengths and unlock their potential. How we find meaning in everything we do.Whoever you are, whatever you do, however you work. Make it mean something at iManage.
iManage provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Learn more at: www.imanage.com
Please see our privacy statement for more information on how we handle your personal data: https://imanage.com/privacy-policy/