What began as a small family business has today grown into an international provider in the field of Quality of Life services. Sodexo offers an extensive range of services that enhance the wellbeing of people, such as the maintenance of technical installations, reception, cleaning, management of green spaces, catering services and Sodexo Benefits & Rewards Services. Sodexo Benefits & Rewards Services in Belgium is the preferred partner of private and public companies for a whole series of staff vouchers and services (Lunch Pass®, Cadeau Pass®, Sport & Culture Pass®, Eco Pass®, SME portfolio, Training Vouchers, Surf@home, Incentive&Recognition, etc.) and of private individuals for Service Vouchers.
We firmly believe that the Quality of Life of our clients and service consumers begins with our own people. Consequently, your wellbeing at work is one of our priorities. At Sodexo, you are part of a stimulating environment, where you can develop your talents and where you can count on continuous help and guidance for your career. With some 250 colleagues spread around Belgium (48% of whom are women), you are the key to our success. Are you looking for a highly interesting job in a stable company? Then the job detailed below may be right up your street.
As a Data Analyst, you guarantee a good interpretation of the data within the company, for the purpose of making decisions about the strategy to be taken. Your knowledge of the different business entities, needs and business strategy is of crucial importance. You like working with company data and figures, and can quickly deep dive into new topics.
You collect and challenge the business needs in terms of Data Analysis. You gather information from various sources and interpret patterns based on statistical modelling techniques. Once the data has been gathered and interpreted, you review them with the business requestor.
You consolidate the outcomes of your analysis and your recommendations in various deliverables, like a ‘study document’, Dashboards / Reports, and even official presentations to the business / executive committee. You guarantee clear definition of the KPI’s used in your analysis, in conformity with the official glossary.
In the context of new developments of data sources into the DWH/Data Hub, you propose the integration of your KPI’s, you participate to user acceptance testing and you use the newly created sources into your daily activities.
You participate to the setup of the data governance and convince the company of a good exploitation of the data assets in the day to day.
You report directly to the Data Management Office Manager.
- Data Strategy & Roadmap – 5%
- You convince the company about the way to move towards a data driven company
- Data Governance – 5%
- You participate actively to the set-up & continuous evolution of the Data Governance within the company
- You respect the constraints related to the security of the data (including GDPR)
- Data Analysis – Business needs collection & challenge - 20%
- You identify, clarify, challenge and validate the need for data analysis with the requester, making sure you understand the objective and what the requester wants to do with it
- You translate the need in KPI’s and data model
- You check whether the need corresponds to one or more data products already existing in the glossary (guarantee of uniqueness)
- You identify the right sources and operating tools
- You analyse the business performance with relevant KPI definition and computation
- You go back to the Data Steward for data quality problems
- Data Analysis – Analysis levaraging statistical modelling techniques - 50%
- You perform analysis with statistical techniques such as
- Seasonal adjustment on time series
- Regression models (Ordinary Least Square / Logistic Regression)
- Control Groups definition (sampling)
- And others
- You verify with the requester if the outcomes are coherent, complete, accurate, understandable & exploitable by the business
- Data Analysis – Study presentation & Actionable outcomes 10%
- You describe recommendations based on your analysis
- You produce the necessary visualizations (report, dashboard, presentation, other ...)
- You present on a structured way
- You automate outputs as much as possible
- You make the visual available in the company's collaborative tools
- You train business users to be self-reliant in the exploitation of their data
- You update the visual glossary with your data products
- Historical view to steer the business – New Data Sources - 10%
- Based on your previous analysis, you provide business needs & acceptance criteria to the Business Analyst Data for future integration in the data hub / DWH
- You participate to the user acceptance testing and guarantee a coherency between the initial needs and the defined data quality criteria’s
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Advanced Analytics or equivalent
- At least 2 years working in a similar position
- Previous experience with Business intelligence solutions is a plus
- Advanced expertise in Statistics and applied Mathematics
- Strong knowledge of relevant KPI definition;
- Strong SQL knowledge: complex querying and data management
- Strong Database knowledge: data modelling, querying performance optimization
- Advanced knowledge of statistics software (R / Python)
- Proven written capabilities to popularized Ad-hoc Analysis results
- Used to design Report and Dashboard (for story telling purpose)
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving;
- Organized and rigorous
- Attention to detail
- Strong team spirit & proactive mindset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual (French OR Dutch & English)
- An exciting job with perspective in a dynamic organization based on Agile and collective intelligence way of working
- The opportunity to use with the latest trendy technologies on a lot of interesting challenges and projects
- An enjoyable working environment as part of a motivated team
- A workplace in Brussels (Ixelles), close to Etterbeek railway station and the Delta metro station
- A competitive salary + fringe benefits
- Good work-life balance (home office, flexible working times)
- A wide selection of sustainable meals in our company restaurant
Does this sound like you?
Then hurry and send your CV and letter of application to Linda DE COENE, HR Business Partner.