Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a fast growing and dynamic team? Do you want to broaden and deepen your understanding of key business drivers, challenges, risks and opportunities? Are you passionate about business intelligence and the impact it can have within a large business? If so, this role may be right for you.
The Finance Data and Experiences team builds, curates, and consumes data for reporting, deep data analysis as well as advanced data science. We develop insights that are used in scenarios spanning increasing customer satisfaction, defining and tracking key business metrics and informing the future roadmap for the Data business.
As a Data Engineer on the Finance Data and Experiences team, you are an authority, familiar with all data warehousing technical components, infrastructure, and their integration. You are an expert in both high level design and experience with Star Schemas, Data Cubes and Dimensional Models as well as deeply technical in building durable data pipelines with the ability to scale elegantly with data volume growth. You will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining data pipelines and back-end services for real-time decisioning, reporting, optimization, data collection, and related functions. The code you write will enable our users to get data in a timely manner. You'll work on a variety of tools and systems, most of which are Cloud-based applications or data-platform components (e.g., data pipelines, processing, Visualization, reporting, etc.). In this role, you will be working in Agile development method for faster, quick-wins with the quality of design, development and operating the BI components you develop. This team enables thousands of Finance, Sales, Marketing, and Engineering users (from senior executives to field leaders) to effectively monitor, analyze, and make data-driven decisions on their business
We are looking for a Data Engineer who has a proven record of successfully building and supporting BI and data warehouse solutions and platforms to join us in our evolution, taking a leading role in designing, implementing and evolving innovative capabilities tailored to solving complex scenarios. In this role, you will also leverage Microsoft’s latest BI and cloud technologies for delivering BI applications to drive analytics and insights.
The role’s core responsibilities include:
Design, architect, implement, and support key datasets that provide structured and timely access to actionable business information with the needs of the end customer always in view
- Build ETLs/ELTs to take data from various telemetry streams, data lakes and supporting data sources and craft a unified dimensional or star schema data model for analytics and reporting
- Develop a deep understanding of vast data sources (existing on the cloud) and know exactly how, when, and which data to use to tackle particular business problems
- Design efficient and standardized, data structures, and database schemas
- Develop high performing and functional code
- Collaborate on delivering technical excellence across the organization
- Ability to lead a team of BI developers to ensure timely, accurate and within scope delivery of all sprint items
- Work with Business Engagement and Business stakeholders to understand requirement, translate them into technical requirements, and partner with our PMs to plan delivery commitments
- Thought leadership, creation, and execution on new platform capabilities
- Continuously evaluate our processes and reporting to identify opportunities to improve, enhance, and automate existing and new deliverables
- Collaborate with various functions at Microsoft to develop sound business tools
- Establish and operate data quality assurance processes
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1 to 5 years of experience working in BI projects including analytics, data warehousing applications.
- Experience in Business Intelligence technologies
- SQL Server and Azure SQL Services
- SSAS, DAX, SQL, SSIS, PowerShell
- Cosmos, Azure Data Lake, Spark, Data Bricks
- Excel, Power BI, Power Query
- Experience managing technical BI/database development resources
- Knowledge of Microsoft data assets/systems preferred
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple and competing projects/priorities
- Strong communication, cross group collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Passion for using data and analytics to drive business value
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.