Our data is absolute garbage.
And we think you’ll absolutely love it.
Our data is garbage. To be more precise, we analyze and reduce food waste in the hospitality industry. Our algorithms throw themselves on leftovers to determine what ingredients remain untouched, when, and in what quantity. Food for actionable thought because if we – for example – discover that guests aren’t into tomatoes but devour every last spec of avocado, restaurateurs can source smarter, reducing food waste and costs. How does that work in practice? Waiters quickly scan cleared plates at Orbi hardware stations, and the embedded AI crunches away. We’ve already helped eliminate a whopping 430,000 kg of food waste, and we’re just getting started!
As Orbisk's first and leading Data Engineer, you will play a crucial role in establishing the data foundation from the ground up in close collaboration with our CTO. Your expertise includes creating end-to-end near real time data pipelines and working with large datasets. By taking the lead on our data efforts, you'll actively contribute to team growth by mentoring fellow data engineers. The Orbisk data, dedicated to reducing food waste in the hospitality industry, is far from garbage; it's a valuable asset!
The role in 6 bullets
- Streamlining internal and external data flows, collaborating with AI and developer teams, and deploying innovative data pipelines.
- Collaborate closely with AI, data, and developer teams to deploy new data pipelines.
- Accelerate AI and data development while minimizing developer workload.
- Consult with customer counterparts and Sales Managers to customize data solutions.
- Engage in technical tasks, such as coding in Python, SQL, and Terraform.
- Liaise with Customer Success and Sales Managers to meet individual client data requirements.
Your track record mentions
- A Computer Science (or similar) background and 6+ years of relevant experience.
- Successfully built robust data foundations from scratch in previous roles.
- Skill at building and deploying (near) real time pipelines.
- Exposure to Apache Beam, Python, SQL, cloud platforms, and containerization.
- API management chops – you’re no stranger to data warehousing/integration and ETL.
- A keen interest or (better yet!) experience in deploying machine learning models.
- Passion for pioneering, taking (calculated) risks, and sharing successes and setbacks as a team.
Why join Orbisk?
For a whole menu of reasons. Some lofty (reducing food waste also reduces our collective CO2 and H2O footprints), others more down-to-earth. After all, joining a scale-up that disrupts an entire industry is also plain fun. And a great conversation starter. Especially if that team is as driven and adventurous as ours. We also offer you:
- €5.500 - €6.500 gross p/m (depending on knowledge and experience)
- 32-40 hour work week in a hybrid office setting
- To take a break to recharge, we encourage you to take 30 days of annual leave per year (based on full time)
- To ensure you are taken care of later on, we have a pension contribution of 7%
- Everyone has different needs when it comes to benefits. That’s why we offer you a YourCampus flexible spending budget of € 40 per month. This includes access to various health, wellness and lifestyle providers, for example, Classpass, Hellofresh, Swapfiets and more!
- On top of this, all employees receive a free Headspace subscription
- To support your learning and growth, we offer an annual personal education budget of €500. But we also organize additional team learning activities and if needed provide access to career coaches
- An annual home office budget of €250 is offered, so you can create a nice work from home space, as well as a travel allowance for when you work from home
- We make sure we regularly organize company activities to connect and have fun with your colleagues
Get to know us
We can’t wait to tell you more about our plans. Reach out by clicking on that apply button or contact Mak Zivkovic via email at email@example.com