Genospace is looking for a talented team player who wants to solve novel problems and help us build and deliver our software platform. As the leading provider of information technology services in molecular medicine, our software is used today by clinicians and researchers across the country and around the globe to improve patient care.
At Genospace, our mission is to be the leading information platform for applied precision medicine. Our interdisciplinary team is merging the tools and techniques of genomics, healthcare, data analytics, web development, and cloud computing. We serve research, clinical development, pathology, and clinical care customers who work with high-dimensional genomic and other biomedical data. Many of the most advanced precision medicine organizations are powered by Genospace.
What You’ll Do:
Genospace is looking for a Scientific Data Analyst who is excited at the prospect of enabling informed decisions through accessible data.
As a Scientific Data Analyst, your work will impact patients at the most critical junctures in their lives, researchers seeking to make advances based on a sea of high-dimensional data, physicians deploying personalized medicine in everyday practice, and laboratories conducting some of the most advanced analyses in the world.
As a Scientific Data Analyst you will:
- Play an integral role in the process of on-boarding new customers, including:
- Data discovery and understanding of their dataset/s
- Transform, harmonize, and model project data
- Demonstrate understanding of the Genospace technology suite and how the data fits into the bigger picture
- Work closely with the product development team on definition, testing, and evaluation of new products and features
- Maintain technical aspects of existing customer projects through data monitoring, error resolution, and operational support
What We’re Looking For:
- A willingness to learn new products, tools, and techniques for data management and processing
- A basic understanding of data transformations such as:
- String operations
- Numerical scaling
- Terminology mappings
- Ability to quickly analyze and understand diverse data sets
- Ability to research and identify resources for developing oncology, clinical research, and health-care related data models
- Working knowledge of genomics including tools, technologies, and data resources
Additional qualifications that are helpful but not required:
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, bioinformatics, or other related academic experience
- 1+ years of prior experience as a consultant, data analyst, or data scientist in a life sciences or healthcare-related information technology provider
- Basic understanding of the biomedical domain is a plus, with an emphasis on fields related to precision medicine including:
- Molecular biology
- Cancer biology
- Medical terminologies and coding systems
- Biomedical ontologies
- Familiarity with:
- Jupyter Notebook, Jupyter Hub, or Shiny
Genospace is adhering to CDC, State and local orders with regard to COVID-19. The health and safety of our colleagues and their families, as well as potential candidates, is our highest priority.
Due to COVID-19, Genospace has transitioned to a work-from-home model, with working hours based on Eastern Time. Employees are welcome to use our flexible, co-working space, but are not required to come into an office. Please note, this is a remote position; colleagues must reside in the United States.
Genospace is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristics, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.