We’re looking for talented professionals, anywhere in the United States, to join us in bringing smart money management and payment solutions to everyone’s fingertips.
At Green Dot, we are evolving to a new and permanent “Work from Anywhere” model designed to maximize the benefits of remote work, promote and enable a strong culture of performance and connectedness, and attract the best and brightest talent who align with our entrepreneurial spirit and mission.
“I want the best and brightest people we can find to join our team to help us be successful, and you can live anywhere you want. What COVID did was force a mind shift; we see how productive we are working from anywhere and how much our employees love it. It’s more important to be productive than be busy. If you force people to come to an office every day, then everybody’s going to try to be busy,” Dan Henry, President & CEO. (quoted in CNBC)
Are you insatiably curious about the latest technologies in the payments and fintech space?
Are you passionate about delivering great value and experience to customers?
Are you a fast learner, obsessed with data?
Green Dot Corporation is a financial technology and registered bank holding company committed to transforming the way people and businesses manage and move money and making financial wellbeing and empowerment more accessible for all.
Green Dot’s proprietary technology enables faster, more efficient electronic payments and money management, powering intuitive and seamless ways for people to spend, send, control and save their money. Through its retail and direct bank, Green Dot offers a broad set of financial products to consumers and businesses including debit, prepaid, checking, credit and payroll cards, as well as robust money processing services, tax refunds, cash deposits and disbursements. The company’s Banking as a Service (BaaS) platform enables a growing list of America’s most prominent consumer and technology companies to design and deploy their own customized banking and money movement solutions for customers and partners in the US and internationally.
In this role, you will:
- Independently drive the full cycle of analytics workflow from requirements gathering, to data collection, to reporting and visualization.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative datasets to generate actionable recommendations for cross-functional teams.
- Synthesize large volumes of data and complex concepts into clear, accessible learnings.
- Develop clear, compelling visualizations and automated dashboards that help us extract key insights and understanding of our products and customers. Iterate and improve upon metrics and visualizations over time.
- Communicate with internal and external partners to define appropriate data, reports, visualizations and dashboards that are integral to decision making.
- Understand the BaaS business goals and be able to select and define metrics to fit those goals.
- Deliver insights backed by your investigations.
- Ensure data quality through documentation and providing quality assurance of delivered insights.
- Develop strong cross-functional partnerships across the company (revenue, product, operations, engineering teams, etc.) to answer business questions.
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences both verbally and in writing.
- Hold oneself accountable for contribution goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, business, engineering or quantitative discipline is preferred
- 3+ years of relevant experience working with data and /or consulting roles in Financial Services or Consulting company is preferable
- Excited to collaborate with a high-energy team of contributors.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Self-motivated individual with strong organizational and problem-solving skills, with an ability to transition from in-the-weeds details to high-level insights
- Experience with charting / visualizing data or creating dashboards
- Strong to advanced proficiency in SQL; able to write structured and efficient queries on large data sets
- Ability to use constructive and candid dialogue to influence others without relying on formal authority
- A willingness to be flexible, prioritizing problems that are most important, and using the most appropriate tools
- Takes a measured and thoughtful approach to difficult situations
- An ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
Green Dot promotes diversity and provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We are dedicated to building a company that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work (and work environment) will be for everyone. Additionally, Green Dot provides reasonable accommodations for candidates on request and respects applicants' privacy rights.