Our client is looking for a Meteorologist who will split between an FAA sponsored effort involving wake vortex mitigation and multi-modal data analysis for the US Transportation Command Air Traffic Control Systems
The Group develops sensors, automated forecasting systems, and decision support tools to reduce the impact of adverse weather on commercial aviation. To accomplish this, the group combines expertise in innovative signal, image, and sensor data-fusion processing with physical insights furnished by staff meteorologists. Key accomplishments have included the development of the FAA's Terminal Doppler Weather Radar, ASR-9 Weather Systems Processor, Integrated Terminal Weather Systems, and Corridor Integrated Weather System.
Duties include, but not limited to:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing machine learning algorithms for large or complex data sets
- Leveraging machine learning techniques to build models for classification and prediction.
- Preparing and presenting results to internal team and external sponsors
- Integrating diverse data sets
- Applying algorithms to cleanse and analyze data
Must be a U.S. citizen with eligibility to obtain a secret clearance
- 10 years of experience as a Meteorologist
- Understanding of aviation datasets and wake vortex procedures
- Wind forecast algorithms based on real-time weather observations
- Data analytics
- Machine learning
- MATLAB and other computer languages such as python, Perl, Java or C++
- Master’s Degree with Major in Meteorology. Someone who is knowledgeable in the following:
- Designs, develops, and implements methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze diverse data sets including structured and unstructured.
- Develops software programs, algorithms, dashboards, information tools, and queries to clean, model, integrate and evaluate datasets.
- Keeps abreast of new analytic methodologies and technologies.
- Collaborates with functional business units to drive business solutions and direction
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
- Location: Lexington, MA (Work from home: this position can be 100% remote)
- Travel: If candidate is not local, there will be periodic travel to the Boston area
- Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
- Interview process:
- 1st round interview will be Zoom with hiring manager. 2nd round interview will be additional team members as needed
- Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI)
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Please note: Final compensation for this position will be determined by various factors such as the Federal Government contract labor categories and contract wage rates, relevant work experience, specific skills and competencies, geographic location, education, and certifications.
In accordance with Odyssey's legal obligation to comply with Presidential Executive Order 14042, and Department of Defense and Federal Acquisition Regulation implementation directives, this position requires as a condition of employment that you be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, and provide proof of full vaccination, or have a legal exemption from vaccination before commencing employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities