Viva Gym Group are growing their data team and require an experienced Data Engineer who can take ownership of ETL processes and Data Architecture.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a seasoned data professional looking for a challenge and an opportunity to have a significant impact on a growing business.
The ideal person will be a driven, passionate, self-starter who is able to develop innovative and effective approaches to solve our most critical business and data challenges.
The position is a full-time permanent position, initially reporting to the CIO. This is a groupwide role covering the Iberian business. The Data Team (and this role specifically) are based in the Oeiras head office, Lisbon.
- Become our subject matter expert on our (3rd party managed) Amazon Redshift Data Warehouse which hosts data from our relational PostgreSQL Member Management database
- Use Apache Airflow to schedule dataset creation within Amazon Redshift
- Work with Insight and Visualization analysts to define and build data sets
- Create processes to make secondary data sources such as social media, google analytics and Firebase data available to business users
- Develop and maintain robust processes for data flows between business systems
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to understand and write business change requirements to ensure data capture and reporting/analysis capabilities are maximised.
- Deliver cost effective automation wherever possible in processes
- Work with external specialists to build a data layer to support our marketing automation tool
Experience and technical skills
- Fluent Portuguese and English (essential)
- Spanish an advantage
- 4+ years’ experience in similar roles
- Effective communication skills and ability to work with other (non-technical) departments
- Proficiency in SQL (core databases are SQL Server and PostgreSQL)
- Experience implementing data and BI systems
- Experience of the Microsoft stack including SQL server, SSIS, SSMS and Power BI
- Experience of Amazon Redshift and Apache Airflow an advantage but not essential