At the heart of our technology are our Machine Learning algorithms that help business to improve performance campaigns. To scale our data science team as we grow, we are looking for an intern data scientist who enjoys wrangling data and generating algorithms while having clear statistical thinking and loves working in team. If your profile fits, this is a great opportunity to grow your career at a young and agile yet global company (from over 30 different countries) and have a real impact on daily business with our algorithms. Are you ready to be part of the new unicorn?
Position is based in Barcelona!
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Analyze data from different sources and provide actionable insights to the Data Science team, business, and other engineering stakeholders
- Create SQL queries to extract data from different databases
- Programming in Python or Scala and generate reports and insights
- Generate notebooks with results: Jupyter or Zeppelin
- Work with Amazon Web Services
Skills and requirements:
- Availability to start immediately to do a FULL-TIME internship for 6 months and have a possibility to work as an employee afterwards is a MUST
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze key metrics
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical significance tests)
- Knowledge in data mining and predictive modeling
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Fluency in English
Extra points if you are:
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and a sense of accountability
- Detail-oriented, well organized, and able to multi-task in a results-oriented business environment
Nice to have :-)
- Student of Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science.
- Programming in Scala, Python and Apache Spark; Bitbucket/Git version tools; SQL and data warehousing (nice to have or you will learn with us)
- Reporting and data visualization tools such as Jupyter Notebook, Zeppelin, Tableau, Periscope, PowerBI or others
- Familiarity with AWS services such as EMR, EC2, Athena, S3, Redshift
- Used to Linux environments
What's in for you:
Paid internship, flexible working hours, opportunity to learn and develop strong knowledge about the industry (business models, partners, agencies, publishers and more), exposure to leading publishers and media partners in the digital marketing industry, company support in your professional development, monthly TGIFs and regular team building events, fun and friendly work environment with talented marketers from over 26 different countries. And more!